Reverb on FX1 slot hack

I used particular tricks like this one :
Track CUE send, CUE resampling, played 1 octave up with Recording01, FILL condition > pitched feedback!

2 Likes

Secret
Cow
Level

Confirmed

3 Likes

It does sound a bit like a shimmer reverb in places, I have to give it a go !!!

2 Likes

That sounds lovely :heart: @sezare56.
I thought you were scene fading it ,but fill condition on pitch - yeah so nice.
You do some great music there with just OT and your master skills.

1 Like

Beginners mind - Brilliant !!
Thanks for an amazing and inspirational thread.

The prodigy has arrived!

2 Likes

These click bait phrases induce instant vomit for me, thanks! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t forget that you can use retrig and lfo’s to mimic a delay instead of using actual delay. Then the delay+reverb is a non-issue and you’ll have a slot for an additional effect.

4 Likes

You’d miss feedback.

3 Likes

In some cases maybe, but not always. Plus it helps to clean up your mix by not having too much overlap in frequencies due to the “monophonic-ness”.

Could you explain ? Still a bit lost with Octa’s LFO.
I mean the use of a LFO and (or) retrig to mimic a delay.

Use both for best effect.

An example:

Drum sound on a couple of trigs, pattern looping.

Playback page:

Turn up the RTRG amount to between 2 and 16 for example.
Turn up RTIM until you have some extra drum hits playing between your trigs. Not buzzing but playing the whole sample.
You may want to play with hold and rel times on the amp page depending on the sound.

LFO:

Trig set to ONE
Parameter VOL
Turn down the VOL on the amp page to give room for the LFO to work.
Waveform can be ISAW or EXP (experiment with others too)
Adjust multi, speed, and depth until you hear the re-trigs fading out in volume (like a delay tail)
The “ONE” setting will make it so that only the original real trig will trigger the LFO once. The volume will fade out on the retrigs (with the right speed and depth settings) until another “real” trig happens.

You can then set another LFO to PAN to make a sort of ping pong or stereo type delay.

7 Likes

im assuming you aren’t interested in the hot local singles in your area then

3 Likes

If the hot local singles ad is like: “Hot local singles will be fighting over you if you do this one simple trick” then no I’m not interested and hopefully you’re interested in vomit all over you :laughing:

The worst ones are:
Doctors hate this woman for discovering this secret wrinkle removal miracle!

1. They assume you are dumb enough to believe you can instantly become 30 years younger by rubbing butter on your armpits 10 days a week.

2. They assume and try to convince you that Doctors hate this woman who is cutting into their profits because they are all in it for the money and are trying to take advantage of you

3. They are drawing in people who already have these fears (believe the ad) and take advantage of them in the same way they fear. This of course compounds their issue and makes them even worse.

So that’s why it makes me vomit lol

Interesting approach, I just tried. It works for short delays, not practical for dotted ones.
Not really my type of delay but testing it,
I found something new for me.

I sliced a loop with linear locks, used retrigs and AMP Decay and found interesting things with short LEN (time mode, loop off, I usually use retrig + LEN with loop on, really different)
So thanks for posting!

4 Likes

New discoveries are good!

It works great for simple “filler” delays and also as an experimental technique to give you something different from normal delays.

If, where, and when it fits you also get an extra fx slot on that track :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also realized that RTIM increments are relative semitones! Mentioned somewhere?
Notes > Midi processor > RTIM values = synth. :slightly_smiling_face:

A reverb and a delay with feedback for example? :wink:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I ended with something like this. Amen Break sample.

Not really a delay! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

:nerd_face:

4 Likes