Restrictions are for the dreamless

Wild speculations right now ofc, but the screen and productname label looks like it’s as on the digitone saying digitone and not digitone keys, the analog keys had keys as part of name label

1 Like

I sincerely hope it’s angled decently because that was the killer for the analog keys imo. Otherwise I’d still have mine

@mess5 it’s gonna have 32 analog voices, 8 sampler tracks and all the digitone tracks with individual stereo outs for each voice. The outputs will extend around both sides of the box

New DN OS… I’m sure. “UNLOCK your sweet dreams” … Maybe there’s some goodies already built in , but now unlocked with new OS

1 Like

defo lookin forward to the Os updates if and when they have em ready

1 Like

Haha yeah, and one of the voices will tell us what to buy next :rofl:

1 Like

It better not be :disappointed_relieved:

Those are def not FATAR keys. So why cheap out?

if you look at the text at the bottom of the screen, it seems longer than the one on the Digitone, and in two words, so… “Digitone keys” ?

1 Like

I just ordered a new MIDI keyboard and got it a few days ago, mainly for the Digitone but also for my Eurorack.

Still within the return window on the keyboard and Digitone and I’m one of those people that prefers a streamlined unit.

This would make sense only if they loaded it wit tons of new features, TONS, bc they’d need go up with the price significantly and the keyboard alone would not be enough to justify the price jump

Digikeys : Awful

3 Likes

Most ideally there’s at least multitimbarlity, a’la BS2’s SFX mode so we can play different patches on different keys for drum parts. .

1 Like

True, it could be an ‘…al’

You’d have to applaud elektron if they are launching the Analtone.

Perhaps a squelchy tb303 style synth, for those classic fart noises.
Though sounds more like a niche personal fitness device.

I’m in my DN return window too. Glad I don’t buy on release day now. That said I’ll have to wait and see what’s new about it. Shame it doesn’t appear to have the lights above the keys like the AK and the MnM keys, I really liked those

1 Like

I’ve been proven wrong again :joy:

That was possible on the AK already, plus the Digitone is already multitimbral so it seems very likely.

Looks like a hot mess though

I bought Mnm and MDuw in 2016 and Otmk2 in 2018 so i have at least 7 yrs of manual reading before i buy this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Digitone isn’t ‘multitimbral’ as a standalone unit using its keyboard. You have to switch tracks to play each track’s sound or set a lock. You can’t play two different sounds using its single octave keyboard.

I don’t feel like touching upon it’s basic usage since I’m sure it’s common knowledge but that’s not the type of multitimbrality I’m talking about relative to a multi-octave keyboard.

Please see SFX mode on Bass Station 2 for further info then multiply it by polyphony.

I don´t remember now, but layering tracks can´t you play those sounds at once?

1 Like

If it is a DN keys with no other real add-ons 1899 seems really expensive