Receiving Program Change Messages Not Responding Immediately

One more voice here to add to the frustration over this. Also just got the AR, under the assumption that Direct Jump would work as with any other device… I could deal with the other limitations but c’mon elektron… such a bummer

1 Like

everyone should open a ticket with Elektron about this. I am

2 Likes

I know I posted this in a different thread but it’s valid here too.

If you’re using Overbridge with Ableton Live and Max for Live I made a device to solve this issue. New version will allow it to be used without Overbridge.

It sends the program change when you arm a clip instead of when the clip starts playing.

https://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/5710/overbridge-pattern-clips

UI is wonky but it’s a device that doesn’t need direct user interaction (Except naming of clips). I’ll make it look nicer soon.

7 Likes

If you happen to be using Ableton Live, you can just set the clip Quantize on your program change MIDI clip to “None” in the clip properties and it will change patterns instantly (this is the only thing I have found to work for me)

2 Likes

Amazing work!! Thank you for this!

1 Like

Thanks and you’re welcome! I’m happy you find it helpful. :smile:

1 Like

just checked in to update the latest overbridge version and found your post. this sounds amazing!! will check it out immediately.
thanks for the effort!!

1 Like

So, just to be clear; does PC work if you are NOT using overbridge? If you are using just old-school midi & audio cables?

For people who do not use ableton and have this problem with hardware (for example with the octatrack in master) it is enough not to set up program changes via a midi track on the OT, just put the setting on program change send - auto channel, on the AR put prog change receive, and so the pattern will change without delay by an additional bar. The only limitation of this technique is that the pattern of the octatrack and the AR will all match (pattern A1 on the OT = pattern A1 on the AR… and so on). So you will have to use the same number of pattern on the 2 machines