Overbridge Pattern Clips 0.3.1 M4L Device [later version linked]

Quick question.

For naming clip convention: are you using equal to or “in”

Does the pattern need to be specifically “A16” or can it be

“A16 - Outro”?

It can be “A16 - Outro”.
As long as the name starts with the Naming convention A16 (capitalized) and then there is a space after the “A16”

A16 - Outro: is okay
a16 - outro: is not okay
A16-Outro is not okay

I’ll be releasing an update late tonight I think if I get time when the kiddo goes to bed.

I think I’ll change the functionality to send the pattern change when the clip is triggered rather than just selected (I’ve ran into potential issues with the previous use case).

2 Likes

Giddy up! Thanks!

1 Like

Updated to version 0.2! :smile:

2 Likes

Good Morning everyone. I can confirm after a short run it is working.
Thank you Airyck!

3 Likes

Not being able to record MIDI into the Elektron sequencer through Overbridge has been bugging me. I’m testing an option to switch between Overbridge mode and program change modes. It’s already working fine, just needs interface of some sort when I have time.

This will make Overbridge pattern clips work with or without Overbridge.

Version 0.3 coming soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Version 0.3 is available.

• Switch between Overbridge and Program Change modes.

Version 0.3.1 is available.

• Centered temporary UI (it wasn’t centered and was bugging me).

Time is limited (Kiddo 2 arrives in 1 week (#1 needed a brother)) but I’m planning to add more features when time allows.

A couple of ideas I had but I’m not sure on implementation yet:

• Pattern history of sorts. Showing what pattern you are currently on and the patterns you played before.

• Scratch the fill mode idea… no MIDI implementation for it :frowning:

• Performance controls based on which device type you are controlling (DT, DN, AR, etc…).

• Arrangement mode (will take some serious pondering on how to make this work).

• Other ideas as they come with usage.

• Slow evolution into a complete “helper” device…

3 Likes

I finally got a chance to try this out! This is phenomenal! You’re a pre-emptive lifesaver! Thank you so much for this!

1 Like

Thanks Ryan! And I always thought I’d have to be a Paramedic or a Doctor to have that kind of opportunity :sunny:

1 Like

I had an epiphany last night on how to make arrangement mode work!

Doing some preliminary work and it looks feasible. I still have to work out how to collect all the data I need at the right times. Timing is the hardest part but I think I can pull it off.
It’ll look like a magic trick where I can predict the future but it should work.

We’ll be able to lay out patterns in arrangement and they will change on time by sending the upcoming pattern slightly ahead of time.

I’ll post an update once it’s all working. No exact time frame but most likely it’ll be a Tuesday :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey man I tried you max patch and it worked, but had problems with multiple devices from what I remember haven’t tried it in a while…
thought i would mention it for you to possibly check out

The newest current version 0.3.1 solves the multiple devices issue. It sets itself to the track you load it on only. Load a new device for each track you want to use for each separate Elektron device.

If you’re already on that version and still have issues, let me know.

Cool thanks I must have an older version… I’ll try the new version…

1 Like

Also, the newest version has a program change mode so you can use it with or without Overbridge.

Hey man, this is veeery nice. Thank you. :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks! Happy it’s useful to you :slight_smile:

I have an arrangement mode in the works as well. Honestly, it’s already working. I’m finishing up some bug hunting (it’s gotten massively complex inside) and making a little bit more of a user interface before I release it.

I’m also going to be changing the name of the device slightly to match better to what it actually is.

4 Likes

I’m having trouble with this. I’m not sure why, I’ll keep tinkering. I’m excited for the Arranger!

This has been changed to Elektron Pattern Clips. Arrangement mode has been added to that one. Check it out and see if it works any better for you.

1 Like