Really easy time stretching on the Digitakt

Wow, can’t wait to try that out!

You could do ping pong with one LFO previously….I guess now you can do it at the same time as timestretching :+1:t2::grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you @dialectrics :raised_hands:

1 Like

I just had a go at the timestrech after not trying it for a while,
So much easier to understand what you are doing with the new graphics

1 Like

I experimented it again just after update, with depth 60 indeed. With the 2nd lfo you can modulate the “lfo on start” Multiplier !

Another approach is to plock start values.
Less clicky imho, and you can use LEN in a better way.

3 Likes

Same principle, a bit more complicated, let you use 120 loops! Edit, just tested with DT, 30 loops is better with pressed button (30x4 values).

6 Likes

MAGIC
:slight_smile:

Will experiment with it further : )

1 Like

Dude this is fire!! Nice one

1 Like

I just adapted it for DT.
Around 5 minutes to setup…

Megabreak of Doom for Digitakt

1 Like

Was messing around with the new 2nd LFO possibilities last night, lots more potential for mangling samples…

14 Likes

What were your destinations?

Btw I tried with lfo 1 on start and lfo 2 on lfo 1 Multiplier, it didn’t work properly with random waveform. Normal? Solutions?

Working properly with lfo 1, modifying its Multiplier manually. Thinking about trig conditions instead.

LFO 1 assigned to Sample Start
LFO 2 assigned to LFO1’s Depth, Mode or Mult

3 Likes

My goal is to have a loop running normally with lfo on start, Multiplier = 2, and modulate Lfo 1 Multiplier, in order to have half, normal, or double speed, randomly but with quantized changes.

I for lfo 2 I chose random waveform and, Hold mode, depth 1.

I have the feeling that the Multiplier need whole values. Not sure.

just want to chime in…
i love this video!

really great sounds

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like

Crushing it!! Love your creativity.

@sezare56 I’ve found that changing the LFO multiplier is a “volatile” operation in the sense that if you change it then change it back theres no guarantee the phase of the LFO will return to it’s previous position, causing things to get out of sync. You can kind of get around this by parameter locking the phase to reset on the 1. Not sure if that helps - hopefully it helps you make things a bit more predictable at least.

One last thing I’ve found is that changing LFO shape is a “non volatile” operation, meaning that if you change from saw wave to triangle wave then back, the LFOs phase will return to where it was before, staying in sync w the clock. Different LFO shapes give different beat repeat/glitch effects, so
changingg LFO1 shape manually or with LFO2 is very fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy time stretching!!

1 Like

Here’s a tutorial for a refined version of the basic method with a couple new tricks added as well. Let me know what you think :grin:

33 Likes

Well explained, works really well with Lauren Hill. :content:

Funilly I also tried a single trig with retrig yesterday, and struggled with lfo starting at the beginning of the pattern.
I also used 2 trigs with trig mode for first. So I’m happy it seems the good method.
(I previously thought TRIG page LFO.T would suffice like on AR, but it didn’t.)

Concerning multiplier random modulation doesn’t it work with midi loopback ?

I also experimented longer loops with lower depth values to play smaller parts, works well and means you can use several loops in a single sample…

1 Like

That’s the stuff my dude I always loved the idea of changing sample slot to get a whole groove in one track. Now we can do it with super long loops too and it works like a charm! Pseudo song mode.

Regarding midi feedback the answer is yes you can! Before 1.3 I was using it to do the sample slot trick. Haven’t experimented much with it since but now the depth of automation you can get if you do is bonkers.

1 Like

Just a quick video test (new smartphone, checking usb audio recording).

Had fun with start / slots / pitch plocks, and probability!

11 Likes