Radial Engineering Key Largo (small mixer)

Wait for the street price, but almost an instabuy for me !

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Qp2s-9Xho
Looks like a genuinely awesome, compact and robust product that could be great as a mixer for the dark trinity due to having 3 stereo inputs.

https://ask.audio/articles/review-radial-keylargo-a-mixer-usb-audio-interface-pedal-trigger

Perfect for my Dark Trinity + Heat!

4 Likes

But shockingly, no headphone out

1 Like

It has main out and monitor out, but it looks like you would need a 2 x mono jacks to sterio socket for cans.

1 Like

Definitely an interesting product for compact systems. Stereo send / return is nice. lack of dedicated headphone out is a pain, but that’s not what it’s designed for. Seems like they are built like a tank, too.

that price tho… kinda steep for what it its.

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeing this too. The lack of headphone jack has me on the fence as well. That would make it perfect for my own needs, for sure.

Looks very nice though i dont understand why they are loosing precious space with the usb … I need a mixer because i dont want a computer on the stage so that usb is useless … maybe thats just me.

Hum that usb could be used with an Ipad though … or is it ?

edit :
“Does the Key Largo support IOS devices?
The Key-Largo is not supported by iOS devices. The USB connection on the Key-Largo was designed to be connected to laptop or a computer with a USB port. We do have other products, however, that will work with iOS devices such as the BT-Pro and the SB-5.”

Well too bad.

2 Likes

I’ve owned one of these before, and would highly recommend it. Very nice sound, robust build, and ideal footprint imo. The monitor outs were definitely powerful enough to drive a pair of headphones using the same type of adapter posted earlier in this thread.

3 Likes

Rolls do a bunch of good options like this.

I’m pretty sure I’ve actually read about people getting it to work with iPads.

What I especially liked about the Key Largo were the FX sends. It allowed me to run some hardware compressor/limiters through the FX loop, dial in the wet/dry amount to apply to the whole mix, and have that all coming out the main outs, ready to record straight through the usb audio interface it also provides.

Is the FX send/return stereo on a TRS jack? Been contemplating a Mackie 802VLZ4 for a live setup but the aux send seems to be mono, which is a dealbreaker.

Yes, they’re stereo.

3 Likes

Yep stereo FX send/return is really nice !
I cant find anything else that small with stereo aux send.
It is expensive though and it would have been perfect if there was one more input instead of that USB port that is not class compliant.
Anyway i might buy one .

It’s litteraly build like a tank and so it’s quite heavy for it’s size. The main out is transformer balanced. I’m thinking of modding the USB-Input to get another stereo input.

You think its possible to mod it ?