Push 3 Users Thread

I have a 2023 folder, and a sub folder for sets transferred from Push.

I’ll save to the regular top folder once I’ve worked it up in Live.

Like @papertiger I don’t usually transfer sets back to Push, but while working in Live I do try to restrict things to Live devices, just in case I decide I want to transfer back.

3 Likes

Well now I’m even more intrigued :slight_smile: I’d definitely pick up one of your mastery courses on the new Push setup. I’m not holding my breath though, I hear you have a new little Mech to take care of. Mine is 2 yrs old so I know how it goes.

Trying to keep things simple while I learn the P3. Just running a few pieces of gear through a Mackie, as a basic switcher, into the input on P3. Drum racks, internal synths, etc, and then recording some loops over the top. OXI One to sequence external gear (and possibly some P3 instruments), 2 Launch Control XL’s as my mixer (stacked vertically so 8 tracks x 6 knobs+2faders each), and a Midi Fighter Twister which I haven’t configured yet but I think it will run the abelton script to take control of the selected device rack.

Would it make sense to try and start a thread that tracks/confirms, etc. which Max For Live devices are working fully and properly on Push 3 Standalone?

If people are interested I could star the thread. Pretty short list for now, though. Hopefully that will change soon.

9 Likes

Maybe a compatibility thread as well as a suggestion thread dedicated to M4L for Push?

That could be helpful beyond what I keep hoping is just early growing pains.

I think one thread would be preferable, or perhaps I am not understanding what the difference would be between the two threads.

Right now there isn’t a lot available from what I can tell. If all M4L devices suddenly gain compatibility, I guess we could change the thread to recommended ones, or start a new thread…

Here is the thread:

5 Likes

Sorry… I meant just one thread that covers both! But, I can now see that I wasn’t clear in how I worded it.

1 Like

Rly hoping for some max integration updates soon

3 Likes

Yeah, each new beta release I get excited, but so far it’s a trickle of hot fixes.

2 Likes

Or internal version bumps :joy:

1 Like

I bet we will not see anything decent until after the summer. Dang holidays! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hard crash, reproducible, at least on this particular project. Push 3S in Standalone for this one.

Two Clips going on two separate Tracks, one a recording of my voice (audio Clip), the other a very simple beat using 606 Excalibur Kit (Drum Rack). Effects on both tracks.

I was trying to figure out a key combination to collapse/fold Drum Racks completely. While in the Mixer page (Volumes, Pans, A Sends, etc.), if I expand the 606 Excalibur Drum Rack so that I can see the meters for the individual Drum Rack cells, then hold Select and press the Track key for that Drum Rack, Push 3S crashes and resets. My work was saved, thankfully, but still. Yikes. Doesn’t even have to be playing. . .

Anyone encountered something similar?

1 Like

Does that mean you’re going to get rid of your other Elektron stuff ? (DT/DN ?)

I am planning to get a Push 3 SA (as a hardcore Ableton user) but I really dunno what to do with my Elektron stuff as I am in love with the sequencer and I wanna keep at least my 3 “Digi” (ST/DT/DN) … I like the idea to be a bit more “portable” so I am thinking about getting rid of my A4MK2… It’s an amazing machine but a bit heavy and big and I think I underuse it for a few months.

I still have no clue of how to integerate my Elektron boxes with Push 3.

For UK SA owners… how long did it take from getting Abletons order completed email to hearing from the delivery partner? I’m up to 8 days now, no response from Ableton yet…

Hey, not sure I saw any responses to this but last night I (finally) got around to trying Push 3 in standalone mode and I couldn’t get it to authorize. I started on push 3, then the push.local site on my browser. Signed into Ableton, then the browser said “return to push to complete authorization” but on the push screen it said “Live needs your attention” and then it just hangs. Tried rebooting but that didn’t work. Tried chrome, safari and iOS. Same results. I started a ticket with Ableton but wondering if there’s a magic fix.

I read somewhere that someone had an issue with this and it was because they had a Push 1 registered to their account so support had to kick it. Can’t find that message now.

*edit: I tried this morning and it just worked. I think their authorization server was down last night because I also couldn’t reauthorize Live on my Mac. Now I see Live 11 Suite on my Push. FWIW the Authorize button is still blue for me, I guess you can always reauthorize when necessary.

How are the P3S crowd finding things?

Ableton are allowing me to swap my Controller for a Standalone if I want to. I will probably agree to this - I had planned to “upgrade” once the kit became available anyway.

I could always go down the power bank route but while it would save me a few £’s I think even that would annoy me enough :joy:

I’ll freely admit I’m being guilty of having more money than sense here but the thought of jamming/creating tunes on a Push well away from the Mac or desk does have quite a bit of appeal.

Even though the push I received was faulty and I had to send it back today it’s been a long time since I have been so excited about an instrument. It’s not cheap of course but considering what you actually get compared to other things I think it’s very competitive.

Just as a wave table synth with MPE pads it’s kind of worth the price already imo

Was really wonderful to play it. Can’t wait to get it back

2 Likes

Yeah the MPE side of thing has been fantastic for me.

I’m just swithering a tad on how much I’d actually use it standalone! An extra £800 just to save me some cable mess is a lot but, to be honest, it’s one of those daft wee issues most of you would think nothing of but that annoys me enough to think that alone could almost be worth it :joy:

We spent a small fortune in the garden this year getting a nice veranda type thing in the garden and a nice big dining set and it’s become a lovely spot to sit at whether it’s sunny or raining. Lots of birds and squirrels visiting now and the likes. Def would be nice to sit out and jam some cheesy MPE synth lines with nature as inspiration :joy:

3 Likes

It definitely (still) has quircks and bugs, but it’s honestly damn nice.
The workflow is quite nice, even if it needs practice to be efficient/fast on it.
To me it shines in the two tips of the production chain :

• it’s super nice to sketch ideas and make sound design.
  • it’s quite promising as a performance device, especially with its ADAT capabilities and with the help (in my case) of home made M4L devices.

For anything in between, though, nothing replaces the computer. I’m talking of detailed, microtimed drum programming, precise automations, set preparation (ordering tracks, coloring, complex routing, etc…).

5 Likes

To be fair, that’s the bit of the process I genuinely get less involved with. I don’t under appreciate the importance of the micro producing side of things but I’m firmly in the “it’s only a hobby” camp these days that I largely blunder my way through that side of things.

None of the Push devices helped me finish tracks but for generating quick and often fun stuff to build on if I really dug the track, they’ve always been great.

3 Likes