Push 3 Users Thread

One would think they would want as many P3 owners to be to test as possible… :woman_shrugging:t2:

It was trivial to get signed up for beta testing of Ableton Live. See here:

I forgot to mention I am talking about the feature where you have clips from different scenes playing together and want to consolidate them into their own scene. . So duplicate doesn’t work for this, I dont think.

The command in Live is “capture and insert scene”. It’s badass because I could have 4-5 hi hat patterns and try different ones with different clips with the press of a button and then when I get a grove going, I can hit that command and everything I selected is in a new row. Not sure what that is on Push, but duplicate just copies the scene I selected.

1 Like

No. I have already thought about a few possibilities to have something similar with automation on/off, but needs to be practiced. That and the snappiness of the buttons and GUi is the thing i my the most from the Maschine. With the slower GUI i can live with, but not sure about the buttons, for as trivial that it might seem. The M+ has amazing buttons, and so does the elektron machines. On the P3 they dont inspire a lot of confidence for performance use. They are fine to use in the studio. but in the bigger buttons (for example play buttton) you can feel the spot where the trigger is, and if you press on the side of the button or it doesnt trigger, or it squiches, or you need to press harder. That hard press feeling is just a thing with the P3 and i hope i+ll get used to it. Its still early days for sure - 1,5 day, maybe 6- 7 hours of use. Other than that it is working great, not a lot of bugs and crashes and very powerfull cpu and possibilities - using 44.1, 64 samples. I am using it with the live intro

2 Likes

Anybody knows any videos (or audio) of really good aaaaaa pushalists? Not so interested in finger druming but more about knob twisting weirdness, breakbeat, techno? Think dataline, but with the push?

2 Likes

@djadonis206 is right - as long as you have Scene Workflow selected in Setup, Duplicate will take all currently playing clips and dupe them into a new Scene, same as Capture & Insert Scene.

4 Likes

just to make sure I’m not missing something (since a lot of the other features I thought were missing are starting to pop up) - is there a way to draw in automation with the pads?

Being signed up to get the betas for computers is not the same as having the ability to install beta versions onto Push 3 standalone devices.

1 Like

As @handed mentioned, there’s no public beta for Standalone.

But… if one were to become available, the link @pmags provided would be the one to sign up for as their betas are hosted on the Centercode platform.

I’m signed up for the Live Beta but haven’t tried it so this may be a naive question.

How do fixes like the following (from Live 11 Beta Release Notes | Ableton) work if the Beta doesn’t apply to the Push itself?

Fixed a bug that caused the battery charge level to be displayed as “N/A” after reaching 99% charge.

Improved handling of data removal, so that installing and then uninstalling a pack when using Push in Standalone Mode will now result in the same amount of free disk space as before installation.

Don’t these suggest that some sort of updates are happening to the Push device itself?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s still not a separate beta for Standalone specifically.

But you are not wrong.

1 Like

Now you’ve piqued my curiosity so I’m going to try installing the Live Beta and then connect my Push 3 standalone. I’m curious as to how these updates work, if there’s any indication on the Push itself of the update, etc…

Wish me luck, fellas… :wink:

I suppose I would put it as: Its the same beta software version, but the pathway to actually install it on the Push 3 standalone is not open to all Ableton Live owners at this time.

I expect you will find no way to actually install it onto the Push.

2 Likes

Information on push 3 beta will be coming shortly per @Tarekith on Ableton forum.

2 Likes

I gave it a go and it’s as you say. No indication of any changes on the Push itself…

Odd that they would stick that in the changes log if installing the Beta doesn’t actually implement any of those fixes…

2 Likes

Well the changes are real and are in that version so they should not leave such things out of the changelog. The issue of how standalone users can actually benefit from such changes should be addressed separately.

2 Likes

Am I going mad. Where are “clips” on the Push in Standalone? I can see them on the desktop in the Push> User Library> Clips - I just can’t work out how to access them on the Push in standalone?!

Couldn’t you do capture with Push 2 pressing Record+New simultaneously? It works for me.