Push 3 Users Thread

As @handed mentioned, there’s no public beta for Standalone.

But… if one were to become available, the link @pmags provided would be the one to sign up for as their betas are hosted on the Centercode platform.

I’m signed up for the Live Beta but haven’t tried it so this may be a naive question.

How do fixes like the following (from Live 11 Beta Release Notes | Ableton) work if the Beta doesn’t apply to the Push itself?

Fixed a bug that caused the battery charge level to be displayed as “N/A” after reaching 99% charge.

Improved handling of data removal, so that installing and then uninstalling a pack when using Push in Standalone Mode will now result in the same amount of free disk space as before installation.

Don’t these suggest that some sort of updates are happening to the Push device itself?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s still not a separate beta for Standalone specifically.

But you are not wrong.

1 Like

Now you’ve piqued my curiosity so I’m going to try installing the Live Beta and then connect my Push 3 standalone. I’m curious as to how these updates work, if there’s any indication on the Push itself of the update, etc…

Wish me luck, fellas… :wink:

I suppose I would put it as: Its the same beta software version, but the pathway to actually install it on the Push 3 standalone is not open to all Ableton Live owners at this time.

I expect you will find no way to actually install it onto the Push.

2 Likes

Information on push 3 beta will be coming shortly per @Tarekith on Ableton forum.

2 Likes

I gave it a go and it’s as you say. No indication of any changes on the Push itself…

Odd that they would stick that in the changes log if installing the Beta doesn’t actually implement any of those fixes…

2 Likes

Well the changes are real and are in that version so they should not leave such things out of the changelog. The issue of how standalone users can actually benefit from such changes should be addressed separately.

2 Likes

Am I going mad. Where are “clips” on the Push in Standalone? I can see them on the desktop in the Push> User Library> Clips - I just can’t work out how to access them on the Push in standalone?!

Couldn’t you do capture with Push 2 pressing Record+New simultaneously? It works for me.

Yes. This is how it’s done on Push 2.

I’ve seen the same comment on other forums, so I think people either weren’t aware that’s how it was accessed, or else they just find it more convenient now that there’s a dedicated button.

Not crazy. They, don’t show up for me either.

I even added them to my samples folder that I know I can access from Standalone, but again nothing

I should add that I did make sure the clips only included native devices.

1 Like

Thank you! Been driving me nuts. I gave up and I’m off for a pint lol

1 Like

OK I got the chance to update, load samples, and play with it more during lunch. It’s mostly surprisingly intuitive, my experience using the software transfers quite nicely. The visuals are very pretty, I didn’t expect there to be animation on wavetable.

I have to say though, I did encounter some weird behavior, including a fairly irritating bug. The irritating behavior: Why on earth are my samples and not organized by folder when I try to add one to simpler? That’s such a strange choice.

The bug: I encountered some kind of bug when switching from a track with simpler to one with wavetable - it wouldn’t let me access wavetable again to save the sound I had created, it gave me a “this sample is off-line” message. I switched from device view to the other views. Pressing the bottom button to open wavetable did nothing. I reloaded the project, encountered the same behavior. Switched between note mode and clip view(?), switched from device view to whatever the 3 lines view is, eventually I got the wavetable interface back up. I’m not actually sure what resolved it.

I also noticed that I just can’t transfer some samples to the push (all of my LostLVLs packs, for example). I’m sure it’s user error, I probably need to look at the specs it will accept.

So I’m sure I’ve done this, but I can’t work it out now.

Can you import a sample to an audio track? I can import one to a midi track, make a pattern and then resample it / flatten it. But sure I did this the easy way once?

Any word from Ableton on the jog wheel? Mine feels like the way you described.

I think this is what you want?:
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=247430

1 Like

Thanks. It’s not trivial, these are the small things that make the overall experience and I find your reply very helpful.

what about knobs? Do they have a slow-response like Push2?

I love how reactive are on the m+ and I love the workflow on the m+, I’m considering switching to Push to have more sound design options and a better sequencer, but I’m torn because my love for m+ is growing, I’m really digging the arranger and the lockstates and I prefer the smaller form factor (I find it more elegant too) even with its flaw, strange design decisions.

Pre-order status is making me consider everything before purchasing one.

1 Like

He’s asking about “Clips” which is basically an Ableton clip preset that can be either an audio file, or a device with midi data.

Live to Push file transfer allows for storing Clips, but they’re not accessible from Push 3 in Standalone. They won’t appear.