Push 3 standalone VS Octatrack MK2

I love my OT and addicted to the workflow. I have accepted most of the limitations. Now with Push 3 standalone in town its making me wonder if I should make my life easier and use that instead. I mainly wonder if I will feel the same inspiration to make music and have as much live control over midi, samples, sequencing ect with the Push 3 Standalone…

4 Likes

Push 3 standalone outs into Octatrack lol

22 Likes

Or even better, will this trigger or speed up the release of an “Octatrack 2” :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

momentarily had these thoughts but no, the OT is too cool and weird for me to switch to a DAW in a box even though it would probably do 100% of what i currently do with the OT (assuming Push 3 allows audio thru in real time with FX)

6 Likes

a lot depends on one’s actual use cases. both Octa and Ableton/Push are so extensive instruments. for me personally, it’s still Octa mainly, even though I (still) hope to build an extension of my methods in Ableton/MAX, and Push 3 might help that

1 Like

I don’t see a crossfader so it’s a no from me :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

can Ableton/push3 do p-locks? I haven’t messed with push for years but I know certain features of elektron sequencing ruined me for other devices lol

4 Likes

Will definitely replace my otmk2

2 Likes

I sold the OT many years ago an use Stepic from Devicemeister instead of Elektron sequencers.

1 Like

Link to a You Tube clip that has something similar I think

What makes you so sure?

You hear Stimming do some “ctrl all” type stuff on his demo? Yikes that was rough. Push is now (almost) ableton in a box.

The Octatrack is a whole band in a box. Just you and 8 of your best buds jamming together

2 Likes

I hope they integrate more options to choose how the sequencer in push 3 works. So that parameter locks can work elektron style.

Hope they open up push. Its the way to go

3 Likes

yeah agreed, I havent used a Push2 before but it looks like they dont have as much control as the OT

Yep

with m4l midi devices you can do whatever you want and more. Not just p-locks.

1 Like

I dind’t know octatrack has a control all function like md, digitakt

It’s got 16 per Part, 4 Parts per Bank, they are called Scenes. Carry on

4 Likes

ehehe ok. Nothing you can’t do with ableton tho. I need better fxs, polyphony and multitracking.
Btw not directly comparable to push, Octatrack is still a great instrument, just not at 1599 eur in 2023.

2 Likes

Why “Vs”?
OT+Push3+AH+FX = The Creative Drake Equation :robot:
I really don’t see how they can fully replace each other.

To me Push 3 should be compared with Maschine +, replacing a laptop… I am not in a hurry to buy one, but I will check how Ableton support the device, which is a 1000% sure thing. Really smart move: the computer part can be upgraded from the regular Push 3. The battery life should improve, in theory.

Also, while not trying to compare power (OT and Push 3), the speed of thought and the executions of ideas is more important than raw power. How fast can you sample and save your OT loops, how fast can you load and work on multiple projects, etc. When youtubers tell you something is slow, but they don’t give you any feedback on how slow it feels :frowning:

Good luck Push 3!

2 Likes