Push 3 - Audio interfaces / Digital Mixers

Just ordered a Push 3. Once I receive it and get my Fireface ucx ii transported to my new country I will be trying them out together with the UCX in standalone mode via ADAT.

Thought it would be nice to have a separate thread with recomendations and first hand experience reports on great ADAT combos for the push :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve got a Push 3 coming, and a Ferrofish Pulse waiting for it.

5 Likes

interested to learn of peoples experiences interfacing their push 3 with a modular rig using an ES8/ES6 combo…

5 Likes

The audio interface capabilities & adat performance are what I’m most curious about. Obviously the MPE is great as well. I’m personally not interested in the standalone version but looks like it knocks a lot of things out of the park for such a wide range of users.

Also that other thread on the Push 3 is a dumpster fire.

8 Likes

I recently picked up a Cranborne 500ADAT + a couple of preamps which is going to pair nicely with my forthcoming Push 3.

3 Likes

Can you compare the AD/DA converters that come with the Push 3 to other converters? I’m in the need of simple stereo AD/DA conversion and am hoping the Push 3’s standard inputs/outputs suffice.

I have an RMI ADI8 currently connected to my studio rack. Thinking I may split that out and use it in a rack with a patch bay.

I just picked up a Scarlett 18i20 in order to run 4 in and 4 back out of the Push via ADAT. If this works I’ll be using it as the performance mixer I’ve been waiting for.

Native Overbridge support would still be extremely welcome.

5 Likes

Yet another repost for this:

http://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box

5 Likes

At first I thought this was a work around to get USB audio directly into the Push 3 via ADAT, but it appears to require a host computer. Or am I misinterpretting what it’s potential use is as it regards the Push?

We use them with iPads. They do need a host.

This looks interesting for ADAT to analog outputs. 350 euro

Edit: clarified this is an only ADAT to analog output.

5 Likes

A big decision but I just sold my A&H Qu-32 to buy a Push 3 and run it with ADAT in/out
Looking at the EVO SP8 which should cover the whole affair.

It’s going to be a huge workflow shift but I found the Qu too deep and overwhelming for my needs. I have way too many synths to track them all at once with limited ADAT inputs but hoping I can supplement my needs with a patch bay. (Which I’ve always dreaded using but does make sense)

I do have a Tascam model 16 which should make up for the lack of inputs when having fun making music live.

1 Like

there’s also the MOTU 8A with 8/8 over ADAT

2 Likes

Unfortunately most of MOTUs models have been out of stock for >6 months and when I emailed them about a month ago they told me they still don’t have an ETA when models like the 8A and 16A will be available again.

So don’t hold your breath about picking up an 8A unless you can find one used.

It would be very interesting to me to know, if Push 3 also works as a host for connecting external audio interfaces by USB-C or USB-A? If this works, you could use P3 as kind of multitrack tape recorder to record/playback tracks from a SSL BigSiX - without a Mac or PC. That would be great!

2 Likes

Looks interesting, for a more traditional rack unit, the Behringer ADA8200 is also a good option. 8 preamped ins that are decent, and 8 outs (so with two ADAT connections, both can be used simultaneously, ins and outs) at a super low price.

The converters are OK as well. Nothing amazing, but decent enough.

4 Likes

It doesn’t but perhaps a future feature. I’ve seen similar devices that do!

Was wondering if any good devices like this. Perfect for adat to 8 outputs

Hoping they do an input module as well