PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Do I need another drum machine?

Nope.

Do I want the Pulsar23?

Hell yes.

2 Likes

signed!

I’ve been recording it this weekend and one of the things it does that I don’t hear on synths is an almost acoustic texture - it’s own thing but akin to scraping a bow or plucking strings. Hard to describe but there for me. I would like to understand it better though. I’m playing it through AH2 which expands its potential and using a lot of volume fades and cuts on the mixer. Oh and a good reverb is essential.

1 Like

The Lyra 8 thread…

I posted a demo of the “Eno” and “Rumble” example patches posted by SOMA EU. Dialing in those sounds and then messing around was what got my learning started on the Lyra-8. But I’m a long way from learning everything there is to know about it. I’ve glanced through the manual and will probably learn something after I reread it enough times, but I’ve learned more from just playing with it. Play first, then try to understand how things work later seems to suit me; it’s the same on guitar for me.

One of my best friends tried my Lyra for the first time and came up with this sound that I never would have thought of, within minutes of playing with it. I took a photo of his Lyra settings, then recorded this improvisation with it:

1 Like

I wonder what the final price will be? :grimacing:

1500 Euro’s ex vat https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/soma-pulsar-23.html

That means I’ll feel 1500 € lighter when it’s out. :slight_smile: If the machine turns out to be as capable of surprising me as Lyra is, I don’t think the price is bad at all!

1 Like

it’s still marked as “estimated maximum price”, so lets hope for a little less :wink:

3 Likes

That looks like Schneider’s guess? As far as I’m aware there hasn’t been an official figure from Soma as yet?

and on sonictalk the other day Nick estimated 12 - 1500 euro.

I hope it’s 12 euro :smile: :+1:t3:

4 Likes

In the YouTube comments of the latest videos, vlad himself states that he is still calculating final production costs.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t3:

let’s hope he makes white and black ones!

1 Like

Vlad confirmed in a YouTube comment that it will be orange and black for now.

“have not in plans white for the moment, but if enough people will wish it we will do”

4 Likes

im definitely going orange!

1 Like

Black

1 Like

black will look sick

1 Like

Definitely an experimental jam Vlad does there! :grin:
I think Vlad spoke of quantisation in one the demo vids. Can the triggers be tightly synced?

2 Likes

I really love it. But it scares me a little

2 Likes

Really glad he’s making these in black as well. This thing looks absolutely f’ing mad. Great demo from the man himself!