PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Thanks dude! :pray:

1 Like

Glad you like! I will almost certainly end up with a Pulsar-23, I’m modular-phobic by nature but love the idea of little self-contained modular worlds to explore, especially when the end results have so much weight and texture.

1 Like

Figure someone might enjoy this…

Patched the output of bass track to basically every input of the bass track. The results is some very wonky bass patch.

Sequenced by the Polyend tracker

8 Likes

I am getting closer and closer to order a second hand Pulsar to survive the dark winter Berlin months, after 3,5 months in Greece I need a little motivational push. Pulsar checks that box.

GAS Stories I tell myself are getting better every year :joy::man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Not a whole lot of those here in Finland. What are the prices like over there? I think I’ve only seen one ever and that was when there still was a waiting list so the price was the same as for new units.

The days are definitely getting darker and shorter here too…

Well, the prices are around 1900, not so much of a difference either but who knows what happens after Superbooth 21, when the hip and trendy want the latest toys at all costs … :grin:

1 Like

One of the things that still blows my mind about P23 is that it really IS a modular ecosystem. I plug tape players, monotron delay, contact mics, effects pedals etc. into this thing and always come up with NUTTY results.

a TON of pulsar on my latest project:

6 Likes

This sounds like my own internal voice. I just sold my octatrack AE and that money is burning a pulsar-sized hole in my pocket.

2 Likes

How are you sequencing the pulsar here?

1 Like

These are just the clock dividers and Pulsar’s own looper.

Almost bought a 2nd hand Pulsar today but the guy was asking 2k for it so I said no thanks. The unit’s only a month old apparently but no way I’m paying that when I could get a new one for 2100€.

The Pulsar GAS is real though!

4 Likes

Feel ya, not going that way either. Going to put the GAS out of my head again and focus on what I have and what’s ordered already.

Still want a Pulsar, not in a hurry. Instant safisfaction is way overrated, so they say :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Is this a good P23 demo? Been curious to have another listen as the early demo s didn’t appeal to me and I didn’t look at it after. People keep raving about it here and there though. Listened to some recent examples in this thread. Still not much interested but i might have missed the good stuff.

What do you folks think are the best examples of P23 music/demo s?

1 Like

Been actually trying to keep away from the good P23 examples and haven’t really even gone through this thread but the stuff from fellow Elektronaut @trytykee is absolutely amazing. However, to keep GAS at bay, I keep telling myself it’s his skills + the combination of Pulsar / Nord Drum / OT / Lyra that makes it so great and not the P23 by itself. Which is of course the case but at times my GASsy mind might think differently. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Much enjoyed this one too. Got that dark stripped down dnb/dubstep vibe that i like.

Pulsar + Cosmos

4 Likes

Digging into Rest Sun and I am a big fan already. Great kick drum on Delicate Patrol. For some reason bandcamp started me on the last track, so back to the start I go.

1 Like

I’ve had instant GAS for Plumbutter. But I started to think that it’s possible to make my Pulsar sound like a Plumbutter anyway. So no GAS for it anymore :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

I’ll say! If you told me this came from a Plumbutter, I would have believed you. The only thing missing is a dusty, noisy snare sound.

1 Like