PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Think it’s along the lines of the LOM equipment but I’m sure it will have a mad Russian slant.
https://lom.audio/instruments/elektrosluch/
Here is a MW thread…
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204410&sid=118270d3417eab03b8e42645666c0913

1 Like

Vlad is building a really interesting collection. While I struggle with the pipe aesthetically some of the sound demos are really out there and the ability to put ones identity into what it produces is quite amazing. But it looks like something phineas freak would play in outer space.

1 Like

Whereas my Lyra 8 nails the tarkovsky Solaris vibe perfectly. I expect the pulsar to continue that aesthetic so that when paired they form the control panel of a very disturbed spaceship.

6 Likes

thanks for sharing

1 Like

Anyone got the Pulsar already? Would like to see the finished product! The back with all the ins/outs? More crazy vids? Manual? Anyone who got on the list knows more?

I am on the list but got no news…

1 Like

mkay well that gives me time to put some money aside then :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m on the waiting list but it seems there’s still radio silence on the Pulsar? Has anyone heard any news recently?

This box looks crazy, maybe NAMM?
I’ve just ordered the Pipe, it’s good that there are weird machines being built, I wish Soma all the luck!
I was thinking to sample some bits out of the few videos online to drop in various samplers but can’t get round the guilt!

no news yet on the pulsar. i check vlad’s youtube channel just about every day.

i’m also on the pre-order list and will report back when I hear anything new!

2 Likes

Anyone else looking forward to this more than the new Elektron product(s)?

Well, except if they announce a MD MKII…

Yes, on the list but concerned how the price turns out with shipping and VAT.

Vlad on Namm? I guess no or we would have some vids! eager to see/hear more of this beautiful machine!

No announcements or news around NAMM and no mention of the 23 in the latest SOMA email :cry:

Vlad pls :pray:

I’m thinking what would happen if you attach an LDR between some patchpoints! Or can you ‘crossbend’ with an old speak n spell or Casio sk1? Would love to see and hear some of Vlad’s ‘live circuitbending’ tips.

I think he posted March was more likely or around Easter. I like that he is taking the time to get it to a good place and hasn’t taken anyone’s money in the meantime.

1 Like

Anyone here on the email-list? I heard something about units possibly being sent out for review in may and then release in june?

I have mailed with leeza from Soma. they seem to have production problems but are hoping for a release in spring she (?) wrote.
I am really really looking forward to this machine. Especially the final design. The built quality of the Lyra is amazing

1 Like

Nice. Any details on the final prize?

Not yet. Unfortunately