Power Handle Safety Recall

:joy:

Haha good thing I didn’t throw away my little rubber caps when I installed the handle.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten return instructions? I filled out the form and got a response asking for a bit more information and then never heard back.

Same.

Heh, when I was taking my handle off I said to myself “I hope I left the end caps in the box.” Luckily I did. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s more a single accessory than a full “product”.

Besides, you’d need a 3rd party battery pack for the Digitone as Elektron doesn’t sell them.

And persons are using their Model series with 3rd party packs already! You don’t need this for that :slight_smile:

Nothing to see here :mask:

Same here… Any reponse from my side neither :frowning:

It’s probably a massive PITA sorting out the postage info for each one. And there’s probably a list they’re working through each day. They will get to everyone on the list soon enough.

2 Likes

I have not received anything after the first email asking how I found out about the recall. I intend to call my retailer today to see if they know anything more.

I just received an email from Elektron that I’ll receive a shipping label soon. We should all have a little patience I guess.

2 Likes

Same. Got it earlier this morning.

1 Like

You could try to arrange via your retailer?

I got my shipping label and instructions. Seems pretty straightforward.

2 Likes

Yeah, for sure. Elektron will steal from their customers and make themselves a bad reputation.

During Summer, the Support is slower due to vacations. Be patient, it’s not an easy task to achieve.

6 Likes

7 Likes

That’s a regrettable and mistaken thing to say. These people (working from home largely) have holidays too - it’s always quiet this time of year - obviously they’re also busy processing this headache (along with being hounded by folk chasing them up more too probably) - have a look at the way most folk contribute and respond to this issue; it’s not gearspace or facebook here where you can throw unfounded accusations around without consequence. Posts like this create friction, they’re inappropriate, so with respect, read the guidelines and try to be critical without being cynical or inflammatory. It’s preposterous to state that Elektron are “lying” let alone to even think that tbh.

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

20 Likes

Tranquilito, chico

If you’ll pardon those who don’t know you from Adam, this claim is dubious.

Nobody is saying you can’t be disappointed (and certainly impatient!), but your conclusions are all over the place.

1 Like

It’s not out of some unassailable loyalty to Elektron, it’s that many of us have worked in customer service or hardware at some point. There are delays in process but leaping to conspiracies or “all companies just want your money and to give you nothing!” is a statement of emotion and accurate for feelings but not really useful beyond the need to vent.

It’s been a stressful few years and i get why people just want things to just work, but everybody’s been having a few shitty years under Covid and I try to temper my own disappointments so I have a better life overall.

Hope your sitch works out soon!

If you’re interested in portability, many of us use our Model devices regularly with battery packs and can happily offer suggestions with a much longer life than the handle would have presented.

4 Likes

Yeah, idk wtf Elektron is thinking. This isn’t a trivial thing, but I feel like they should be able to deliver a rechargable handle battery for under $50 (and this one didn’t even recharge).

I understand they’re not Apple, and I understand their volumes might be fairly low. Seems like something a college EE project could whip up, though.