Polyend Tracker

Big fan of special request , never knew he used that FM technique . Nice post , thanks.

1 Like

I like his stuff but itā€™s a lot if old breaks and familiar sounds .
A few tracks do have very nice strings.

I canā€™t deny he does it well though.

Benn and Gears preview of the tracker, shows a lot more of the workflow. Doesnā€™t look too slow at all.
14 Likes

Oh yeah - really want to check this one out.
Update: about 1 minute into the actual demo part of the video and Iā€™m 99.9% convinced to pre-order. The ease in which you can get to crazy territory is a workflow that I want to try.

1 Like

This makes me want to sell things.

3 Likes

I feel like his comparison to the digitakt at the end was kind of weirdly dismissive, both digitakt and polyend tracker have there own strong points in this price range. If you donā€™t need a song mode it seems like the digitakt has more strong points to me.

4 Likes

Benn does such a good job here.

I could see the appeal for composition on the generative side of things. Could be a great partner for OT in that regard.

5 Likes
9 Likes

great video. Still not sure how good it actually sounds. The workflow looks fantastic.
I would rather compare it to the OPz than the OP1

Man this RMR video was impossible to watch and I love that dude, but that was a mess

4 Likes

That was really good, I thought. Iā€™m sure it would take me quite awhile to be as quick as him, but he showed off some very cool possibilities

I feel like the Digitakt can be a very close friend to the tracker, but he was comparing similarly priced boxes at that point.

Both sequencers and sound engines are awesome and could complement each other in numerous sonic ways.

anyways, that Benn review makes it more approachable that Loopopā€™s.
Both are complementary though.

Benn, Loopop and RMR are reviewing the unit on 0.59.b firmware (actually 0.9.59b, thanks @tnussb) , the fx isnt done yet, resampling is a work in progress the effects are not all there yet, so hardware is set in stone but firmware is still being worked on.

So far it looks like a a great box for that price, with the chance of being something special with the right features.
It sure feels like it has some room to grow.

2 Likes

What Iā€™d really want just now, is someone just jamming away on this thing, not talking about it all the time, just playing it.

That, and chocolate.

While Iā€™m waiting for the first, Iā€™m stocking up on the second.

4 Likes

Itā€™s 0.9.59b in the RMR livestream video (10:01).

1 Like

Havenā€™t checked the thread in a whileā€¦
Well it still looks really nice and elegant, for tracker heads Iā€™m sure itā€™s the bomb.
But no card streaming and no multi outs makes it too limited for my purposes.

Blackbox & Octatrack is a pretty fun combo by the wayā€¦ So is Blackbox & TR-8.

One thing that I donā€™t get is the way that ā€œperformanceā€ mode allows to play different patterns for each track.
My main concern is to make polymetric rhythms (14 steps over 64, for instance). I believe itā€™s not possible in a single pattern. But how does it work in the performance mode ?

Just finished watching Bennā€™s overview and itā€™s another slew of reasons for this one to be at the top of my post-corona-world-is-getting-back-to-something-hopefully-approaching-normal-so-I-can-justify-hardware-list. Really impressed by how easy it is to turn to random radio snippets into wavetableā€¦ Iā€™d need to have a tuner on hand for those japes.

1 Like

shitā€¦

I didnt want to be interested in this.

3 Likes

Agreed.

On a side note Iā€™m not really digging polyendā€™s strategy to send to this every music ā€˜influencerā€™ on the planet. Just do a search on instagram and youā€™ll see a ton of people have one. It sucks as a customer to see this beautiful instrument being sent to folks who donā€™t know how to use it while people paying for it have to wait.

8 Likes

its not just Polyendā€¦ seems like every new machine this happens.

4 Likes