Polyend Tracker

Any word on saving midi files to SD? Would be good to sketch on this on the move and then import midi files to elaborate on the cirklon.

2 Likes

Hmmh, you have hit on something that Iā€™ve experienced in my working with Elektron gear over the past 3 years, but couldnā€™t quite put into words. I know that Iā€™ve been frustrated at times, feeling like Iā€™m somewhat cornered into making loops, and struggling to piece something together thatā€™s more fully featured and complete. I think a lot of that is still due to my own limitations in knowing how to break through that barrier on elektron gear, but perhaps itā€™s not all my fault?

The Tracker is different, but maybe not different enough? It does seem like the word on the street is that trackers are more conducive to creating full songs. Iā€™m definitely going to be keeping an eye on this space as more demos start rolling out.

By the same token, this is also what makes the MPC One interesting to me. What gives me pause is that I feel like I should keep diving into the Octatrack, vs. changing platform to learn a new workflow. I do enjoy working with OT. Anyway, Iā€™m just rambling now.

tl;dr - I want a tracker, or maybe I donā€™t.

2 Likes

I think I will be getting this. Just not now, I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll still be at my same address by June, and what if thereā€™s shipping delays etc from covid.
Excited to see software updates etc too.
Though this one seems most limited in spec of the new trackers, it also is most interesting in interface and workflow.

1 Like

Facebook post said they hope to send first batch at end of May. Iā€™m ready! It also says they are uaing UPS for shipping

1 Like

I cancelled my preorder.

1. Iā€™ve had a couple rough sprints at work, so itā€™s wildly irresponsible for me to buy another musical instrument.

2. Perhaps I could better spend that money on a bed laptop, basic specs but with a full keyboard to play Renoise with.

3. Or I could just build a computer with maximum specs and use my current laptop as my bed laptop.

This thing looked great, and it would probably be useful to shift my brain from Elektron step sequencers to Tracker, but I already love Renoise, and the layout of Renoises shortcuts basically already make it a DAW and full controller for anyone willing to tackle it.

Iā€™ll see the buzz after it comes out and re-evaluate

6 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s gonna be some rough times this year. Iā€™m in the same boat. Plus, just found out how much my daughters braces are costing us. :hushed:

Maybe, by the time I can afford one theyā€™ll have given us more memory or streaming.

4 Likes

yeah, we are all in the same boat, for gear to come in, some has to goā€¦
decided that more than a year ago, couldnt be happier with the resultsā€¦
lots of stuff has come and gone, but almost nothing out of the wallet, feels pretty good everytime.

I love renting gear :wink:

1 Like

Ive been hemm hawwing ever since the first image of this thingā€¦
I will probably get one. I wont be able to for quite some time cuz of the Rona induced unemployment, but its definitely catching my eye. And it will certainly be a fantastic portable combo with the blackbox @circuitghost I hope to be caught up enough with the tracker workflow (using sunvox and renoise demo atm) by the time I manage to get a PT that ill be cruising along with the idm beats of my dreams in no time

2 Likes

Weā€™re all wired differently. Iā€™m thinking if I can put together something coherent in no time on the Blackbox but struggle beyond a pattern with an Elektron, itā€™s me not being routed to click with Elektrons. But that I still have the chops to make something, just with instruments that are designed to fit my brain :blush:

2 Likes

Well said - thanks for the encouragement. At least, I think thatā€™s where you were going with that! So, youā€™re saying there is value (potentially) in trying out different workflows and interfacesā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly it :slight_smile: thatā€™s part of the journey and should be embraced :slight_smile:

I sold some synths, but bought a medusa recently. While I will likely buy this I doubt it will be just yet. Thereā€™s still lots of uncertainty about jobs etc with the corona thing going on.

That being said I was thinking about the wave table section and setting up some useful wave tables this morning haha.

3 Likes

Finally could watch the loopop video. Looks really great.
Just wonder how good the fx, wavetable and filter etc will sound.
The pattern fill options are pretty awesome. And bouncing down part of a pattern to sample as well.

and if you only buy used or when rare deals are to be had, the rental fees are even less!

4 Likes

I have the same experience. I can only finish tracks on the OT, since there is the arranger mode, Elektronā€™s best song mode I reckon .
But they are made for performance in the first placeā€¦
On the other boxes I have, Iā€™m just collecting pattern after pattern

1 Like

Whatā€™s this about then? :blush:

complex, not live.

2 Likes

Yep. For some, the Elektron structure isnā€™t an issue for non-live complex stuff. For me, it isšŸ˜Štho clearly, Iā€™m not Autechre.

neither am I :frowning:

1 Like