Polyend Tracker

Any news on this? Seem like there is nothing official about this yet. I need to do this on my MKI, I hope it is something that is not too hard to do and makes sense. Haven’t been using mine for a while because of this issue.

I’ve got an Mk 1 with the same jog-wheel issue. Where/how did you get the encoder support kit?

lovely but not for a messy and klutzy guy like me…but attractive surface.

1 Like

The self install required soldering which I’m not set up to do, so I sent mine back to Polyend. It’s expected back at the end of the week.

The only charge was for shipping.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for posting this, I was going to do something like this to mine. This is better than what I had in mind.

BTW, one or both of those pieces is likely made from PTFE (teflon), in case anyone else is thinking of doing a DIY intervention like I am. If you print both from whatever is in your printer, you’ll probably have a bad time with friction and wear.

You can get teflon tiles and cut the top piece out of it. You can cut a ring out to put on the bottom piece, but teflon-on-teflon apparently gets pretty janky: https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/1.1722156

I didn’t read the full paper (paywalled) so idk how bad it gets, it might be suitable for both surfaces but probably no better than just one.

My silver unit arrived today. It definitely feels more premium than the MK3 I had previously.

-All metal body with no TPE coating

-Reinforced jog wheel that feels bombproof

-The buttons don’t stick at all and their throw feels a little shorter

I like the aesthetic a lot more than the black. Photos don’t do it justice. Here’s a photo anyway:

16 Likes

so clean…love the silver matted ( look) fits well with the electron faceplates of Machinedrum.

have you been able to integrate it with your Elektrons? I am considering it but have not experimented which of my Mk1s will do well. I also have the DT and DN.

1 Like

I’ve only used it standalone. I (re)purchased it for its portability so I can take it when I travel.

2 Likes

I use mine with the DN regularly, no issues thus far. They’re a good combo tbh.

1 Like

Great to hear. Do you mind sharing how it is setup? which one is sending midi and clock etc…are you using Daw?

I am very tempted to get another one …but I have to sell one of my elektrons. However, my attachment to Elektrons is embarrassing lol.

2 Likes

Sure.

PT is the clock and main seq
So, midi out to midi in on DN
DN is set to receive clock and notes

When you select midi channel (as an instrument) in the tracker. 1-4 are the DN T’s 1-4.

I have my KS37 going to the midi in on the PT.

I don’t use a daw regularly. But have played with Overbridge in the past.

1 Like

excuse my ignorance…

Sorry.

Digitone has 4 tracks that can play sounds. These are mapped to midi 1-4 by default inside the DN.

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciate.

do you have tracks of yours uploaded to SC?

I don’t tend to release a lot of music tbh.

I have some non tracker stuff on bandcamp.

I’m currently working on a tracker only EP that might see the light of day this year.

1 Like

will check it out…update me when you finish your EP. Will follow you when I vise your BC.

Thank you

Thank you! I’ll let you know.

1 Like

It’s stereo. I think when you sample it sums to mono

2 Likes

Just an update on this, maybe other MKI users want to have this fixed as well. I wrote Polyend support and got a quick reply. They send me a free return ticket after I filled out a RMA application and will fix the jog wheel issue for free. That’s pretty cool I think and will make me use the Tracker again. Its really been collecting dust because of this.

2 Likes