Polyend Tracker

This was an interesting exchange someone posted to Reddit.

8 Likes

that sounds superb!

1 Like

That would be a nice surprise ! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

are you in Europe?

Yes, Germany

1 Like

lucky you.

What are the Jog Wheel fixing conditions outside of Europe?

1 Like

they are pretty quick responding and offer the kit. I am not very good with fixing mechanical contraptions.

already mailed

1 Like

I just got my Tracker back from jog wheel service in the US.

Mine took a little while because there was a mixup and somehow they lost my unit. They sent me a new unit that has the jog wheel support already built in. The wheel feels better. Feels more solid.

Polyend was very cool about the delay and sent a nice plastic dust cover for my troubles. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

where did you get it serviced ?

I sent mine to Polyend in Florida US.

1 Like

I did a search for Polyend USā€¦Florida and nothing came upā€¦do you mind sharing the addy or contact info? Polyend is sending me a kit but I will probably damage itā€¦

I wouldnā€™t recommend shipping your unit without first contacting Polyend and getting an RMA#. They then send you the shipping label with appropriate address.

I dont remember the full address of where mine was sent but it was Santa Rosa Beach Florida.

1 Like

thank you. I might have to do that.

Is there an OG software that Polyend bases its sequencer randomisation & fill secret sauce on? I noticed this is part of the Play as well as the Tracker, so this might be something Polyend is out on its own for. The reason I ask is because I hear a lot of folks discussing M8, the Play and the Tracker as well as software and this predictive fill idea comes up a lot. For example, I found a thread from Renoise users asking for this functionality to be added. Iā€™m a bit green when it comes to Trackers. Is the Polyend way kinda unique, or do other software trackers (or even non-tracker software for that matter) offer the same kind of functionality?

For Renoise thereā€™s a tool that kind of does those things: Random Range Track | Renoise

Cheers!

Is there a way/workaround to do a double stop with the Tracker? Since it has no dedicated stop button I was wondering, because sometimes I need to silence external gear.

What do you call a double stop? I suspect is not the string instrument technic where you will just to play deux tracks with the same instrument but the Elektron press twice stop to kill the current tail of sound ?

You can put a OFF or FADE note and also a OFF effect to stop the tail. But not sure how to do it live.