Polyend Tracker

So, maybe I missed, but what anyone thoughts on usb audio thing? Maybe devs said that it’s on roadmap anytime? Really miss that thing tbh

Doubtful. I haven’t missed it with audio in and FM radio.

Is anyone experiencing tracks getting mangled and glitchy? it sounds like tracks are bleeding into each other resulting in distortion etc…

did anyone get the silver edition yet… how do you like it?

Just an update: I have a fully functioning Tracker now, after a couple of misses, and I love it. Very quick workflow and I love sampling from other small synths, like the DB-01 or the MM2. All on the couch.

Polyend customer service was great too, fixing the problems in the end and throwing in some extra goodies.

3 Likes

i just shipped my first gen Tracker off to its hopefully happy new home.

i’ve never sold gear aside from basses that were upgraded.

kinda sad about it. we never gelled well but as i went through my projects before shipping i heard heart strings plucking.

farewell, lil PT.

F.

2 Likes

you managed to make me feel sad
I just recently bought one and love the workflow and flexible arrangement options I plan on learning.

1 Like

Someone randomly offered to trade with a gear I’m getting rid of anyway, valued at 300€.

Worth a punt for someone who’s completely alien to the tracker workflow? I do love jungle and idm tho

4 Likes

I find the workflow very intuitive and quick. Lots of options for quick variation in patterns.

No prior experience with trackers.

4 Likes

my prediction: you will not be disappointed

4 Likes

It would be great for jungle and trap. I don’t go for that sort of thing, so a lot of the glitchy effects are wasted on me, but they are there and they are good.

1 Like

I just ordered the silver edition, it should be here this week. I had the MK3 previously but sold it, I’m not sure why really. I’ll report back after it arrives…

4 Likes

very pretty in person :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That silver one looks lovely. I’m gonna be honest, when I first got my Tracker I was very prolific (scroll back through this thread for instance) but I haven’t turned it on in probably 6 months. I don’t want to sell it though. First of all, I wouldn’t make a bunch of money and second, maybe on a day like today, I will turn it on and something could happen. A few elektronauts releasing stuff on bandcamp here lately may have inspired me today, and that silver beauty you got right there. Very nice.

3 Likes

man, I can’t tell which I like better between the black and the silver!

1 Like

Hi there
How can we send velocity thru MIDI other than using a fixed velocity in the MIDI Instrument Parameters page?

I’m not 100% sure what you’re asking, but velocity is one of the options available for FX1 and FX2, so you can send any velocity value per step.

Ho. I was confused because V stands for Volume and not Velocity, and it’s %-based instead of traditional 0-127 for MIDI. So I though it was not what I was looking for. It works, thanks.

This photo on Sweetwater makes the silver model look white.

3 Likes

Its definitely darker than the sweetwater image. It has the similar surface texture as Play but aluminum faceplate. I think the keys are lower than the rounded keys on the black version. I already managed to scratch it a little (dropped a midi cable on the pads) good thing it didn’t hit the screen…