Polyend Tracker

It will be interesting to see if Corvid 19 interferes with production. A lot of folks are having manufacturing difficulty due to it

2 Likes

Looks really nice, look forwards to seeing the videos drop. Hopefully there’ll be some unpredicted features yet to come. What are we thinking the fx/io are gonna be?

1 Like

Oh wow! If this machine comes close to the good old Amiga tracker performance (what latency??) this is a must have for me.

BURN THE WITCH!

:rofl:

5 Likes

All I imagine is this lololol

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wow. This is exciting.

1 Like

Someone did the math though :

The cost to maintain embedded software can be the single greatest factor in the total ownership cost. For most teams all the focus is on what it takes to get to market. Rarely does anyone consider up front the cost to maintain the software so that it remains marketable.

from : https://www.edn.com/understand-firmwares-total-cost/

4 Likes

Here we are again. Another crazy fast gear thread

3 Likes

Live fast acculamate GAS young

1 Like

haha, sacrelidge.

sacrelige?
sAcraledge?

whatever. burn the witch :woman_mage: :fire:

3 Likes

What’s the synth used in that video

Looks like a Prophet 6 desktop module.

4 Likes

It says March 18th… Hope thats the day they go on sale.

2 Likes

Ok so this is a tracker, not a “regular” DAW like Ableton, etc? So this is for a small niche of people who are into the tracker way of doing things, right?

I hope there is qwerty keyboard input or at least an equally fast input method, I was quite interested in the Nerdseq but I wasn’t convinced that a euro module would be a good format for a tracker interface, tiny screen, cable clutter, no keyboard etc.

I really used to love event list editing too, like on Roland, Yamaha midi sequencers etc, I think the last device I had that I used with it was the RS-7000 which also had x0x style editing, best of both worlds - looking at this Polyend Tracker it could be that it has both, that would be awesome.

3 Likes

so is that aphex’s hand in the video, or someone who sounds like aphex’s hand? :smile:

5 Likes

nerdseq will eventually get a usb qwerty keyboard input according to the creator. No promises on how long it will take though!

1 Like

It starts off by asking for horizontal trackers, then you’ll be asking for vertical x0x sequencers, slippery slope :joy:

4 Likes

I want a D-beam piano roll

8 Likes