Polyend Tracker

Tracker Workstation : I hope those buttons above the jog wheel are mechanical keyboard style that would really go with the tracker vibes :nerd:

Yeah honestly I have no preference but I do think vertical just looks cool, like lines of code dribbling down in the matrix :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I cant deny… it looks really cool :sunglasses:

Totally. I imagine the ease of use of modern sequencing tools and interface, combined with the scrolling tracker screen when you are jamming. Finally, I will be in the Matrix.

3 Likes

interesting :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

never go full matrix

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I think Red is Rec, record

3 Likes

:palms_up_together: :dark_sunglasses::red_circle::large_blue_circle: to go full matrix one must eat both pills

2 Likes

I am just starting to put my Nerdseq at the center of à MIDI rig. I’ll hold the horses for now and wait to know more about this beast.

2 Likes

wonder how note input is done without a querty keyboard. trackers being all about rapid hex keyboard shortcuts - it’ll be very interesting to see what’s the buzz with input on this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think summer is a good guess. Announce it this month, full display at Superbooth, shipping in late spring, early summer. Although in the article, it sounded like they were going to have it announced in autumn last year, so maybe they waited on the announcement to hit the ground running, and it will be available sooner? Could be that they are ready to roll and just waiting for NAMM to blow over, and hit the lull between NAMM and Superbooth to get them out there.

1 Like

Those buttons look the same as the rubber ones on Medusa
No click , but still usable.
, if it’s a modern Amiga style tracker it could have a lot of interest.

2 Likes

I think that sometimes products are announced early, but not always. Off the top of my head, I remember the Digitone was announced the day it was available. The original Korg Minilogue popped up for sale the week it was announced. And recently the Model:Cycles had just a 5 day teaser before it was available for purchase. I am not sure of Polyend’s history of releases though.

I just dug through @Ess 's tracker thread… I came to electronic music from DAWs in the early 00’s.

Can anyone recommend good tutorials/resources for understanding trackers? There’s a lot of info out there, but can any of you relate it to modern sequencer or DAW concepts? The teasers of this thing have my eyebrow piqued… trying to decide if my brain should follow that eyebrow!

1 Like

Remember the R and D for the software will probably be the largest part of the cost. This looks very promising

3 Likes

8 tracks from the number of buttons under the screen?

Want

1 Like

I wonder how many units they do per batch. We will soon see!

I don’t think that’s true at all, except at a very large scale. Even if it’s a one person operation, you still have to count the time you put in and effectively pay yourself for the work done, AND you can’t lay-off everyone once the unit is done, so you have to reinvest it in a new product and there’s also software updates and product maintenance to be taken into acount .

4 Likes