Polyend Tracker Mini

Defo refund. Defo curious to see other’s. Really is a Friday job, back from the pub, and after a few bad acid tabs!

2 Likes

I wish all the best for Polyend, the OG tracker is very well built, at least mine but in this video the mini looks cheap for a machine that costs 700 EUR

2 Likes

That’s a shame especially seeing as they said they’ve been working on the mini for many years so didn’t seem rushed.

1 Like

I will say mine feels nice and doesn’t have any of these issues.

5 Likes

Could you possibly post a few close up shots of it?

1 Like

Same bulge here with mine.

I asked polyend about it because I was afraid about swollen battery as @bibenu mentionned early.
Here’s the response :

"I’ve just discussed it with our technicians and they say the battery is 100% safe and it didn’t bulge the casing.

It seems the plastic case might be deformed a bit, but since it is a handheld device, it shouldn’t be a problem."

Personally I won’t try to send it back because I love the device and I can live with this bulge. But I can understand how frustrating it can be… It is kind of expensive but IMO regarding the concurrence (wich i don’t think exist) I think the price is decent. Even with some QC issues.

• I also own the OG one and yeah it is not the same regarding built quality. But it has a lot more space to put the same tech inside isn’t it ?
2 Likes

In Polyend, tracker beta tests you.

Ok but seriously, I really enjoy the tracker, but I’m very cautious about early adopting Polyend gear.

The OG went through 3 revisions in a very short time. I have the first version and it’s lovely, except for the very annoying click when you turn it on and off. And the jogwheel had to be replaced cause it failed within a year.

2 Likes

The concurrence exists, it’s the M8 Tracker from Dirtywave and from what I’ve read about it, it is build like a tank :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was waiting for this one :smiley:

m8 is indeed, built like a tank. you can tell its gone through a thorough design process before coming to market. top tier design imo.

bulging plastic doesn’t sound great. especially for 700 blips :confused:

6 Likes

Oh so because it’s a handheld device it’s ok to ship deformed products. Very thoughtful of Polyend

14 Likes

So why are you saying there is no concurrence when you know there is a better product that costs exactly the same price ?

I’d 100% return it for a new unit. I’m not trying to be overly pessimistic, but judging from their overall quality assurance and level of pride they put into their production, I honestly wouldn’t trust their assesement of the unit being just fine. You could potentially - down the line - run into further issues, especially seeing as they - Polyend - haven’t opened up the unit and identified the issue. They simply speculate.

Secondly, if you for whatever reason ever have to sell the unit, you’re not gonna be able to sell it for what its worth.

Thirdly, I don’t think companies should get away with lousy quality. Period. Now, I haven’t read your email correspondance, but the fact that they don’t ask for you to return the unit is a bit worrying to me. In my eyes, this reads as lack of pride in their products. But that is just a personal opinion.

8 Likes

For me, this is not the case. The M8 doesn’t appeal to me at all, especially since you can build it yourself, in a sense it’s just a solid box, 8 buttons and a screen for 500 bucks…
But hey you know, tastes and colors…

1 Like

Perhaps a language barrier thing but if that’s straight from their response then that’s pretty poor in my opinion.

2 Likes

I toltally agree with that :+1:

Yes, I understand. I like on the OG Tracker all the pads, quick and very useful way to enter notes and values, and great to control performance mode. So I think the PT Mini is a kind of regression regarding this. It’s why I think it could be compared to the M8 since the PT Mini seems to loose the fun workflow that the OG have.

You can only build the headless M8 version yourself. This is a much different beast than the M8 itself.
Whether or not you like it is another matter of course.

4 Likes

That Polyend reply is borderline offensive. And I’m in total agreement with everything you wrote.

Companies should not fob off poorly manufactured products to punters, and as customers we should never let them get away with it. It makes me very angry just thinking about how TE has never changed the OP-Z and still feels morally comfortable to selling something they know is/can be defective. I’d love to flog mine but who wants to buy a warped piece of tat (regardless of all the wonderful things it can do). ‘Lack of pride’ sums it up perfectly. In TE’s case there is a lot of ego and arrogance. They once replied to someone’s complaints with “We stand by all our products”. Hilarious.

I’ve been scouting through what little videos are up on YT about the Mini, looking for close-up shots. There’s sod all, although in FreeBeats 1st impressions one you can see that the side seams don’t match and there is also gaps around the screen.

So…
please can anyone upload a few close-up pics of their unit, preferably one that is perfect…

5 Likes

@2.22.

The seam and also the row of buttons under the screen. Janky.