Polyend Tracker Mini

What do you Europeans lads think of PE being the only EU supplier of the Tracker Mini? I don’t quite get it. I usually shop at Thomann and absolutely love their service.

i wonder if the promo vids/synthfluencer vids being honest about any post processing going on with their tunes?.. any tweaking going on in ableton / logic ?
ive watched a few… will look on the actual youtube details, i’m sure it’ll be there.

interesting to see that projects are also compatible with olde tracker… i presume the stereo samples get split across 2 x mono channels and pattern data is duplicated,.

Wow…really?

I didn’t think horses rode that high? WTH?!?

8 Likes

They’ve got quite some history in abondoning the last devices after a few minor software updates…

1 Like

I don’t think they are. I just like to choose myself if I’m going once or twice around the ear block.

1 Like

That’s what a product manager wants to see, one product appeals to one group of people and an other product covers for another group. There isn’t a perfect configuration, different people have different uses and interests. I could even see some getting both, intentionally, and using them differently.

As to a Tracker Mk2, you might instead devote your hardware design staff to a third product in this line first. It was suggested in this thread yesterday, a high end version, a Deluxe edition. It depends how the current Tracker is selling still. Whatever they have planned is likely already in progress. Then after a Deluxe you could come back to a Mk2. Having a family like that improves sales on all and in aggregate, or that is your goal.

1 Like

Lol he’s been unsubtly teasing it for a few days. What a weird thing for him to get upset about.

9 Likes

I would be all for a deluxe version as well. It would be nice to have extra assignable outputs.

1 Like

We enjoy the added challenge of getting both channels to loop seamlessly.

4 Likes

Ben is probably mad due to the poor feedback this device is getting, otherwise it wouldn’t really matter if something got leaked hours earlier

4 Likes

OK, so now dirtywave, please do a Desktop m8!

17 Likes

You can add any MIDI controller that you like and also stream its display on a computer screen

1 Like

Ohhh and I recently sent an email if he has an affiliate Sweetwater link… :grimacing:

What stood out to me in the Benn Jordan video is that he didn’t use it holding two hands. He didn’t even mention it. He used it laying down, using two index fingers. Which looked like grandpa using a keyboard. I suppose the button UI is optimised for holding it with two hands using thumbs to interact, yet he didn’t show it.

1 Like

Honestly it doesn’t look like it would be even remotely comfortable to use two handed in the way that it appears is intended. It looks too big to be hand held and too small to be a desktop unit.

3 Likes

I think it is worse with 2 hands :frowning:

1 Like

I preordered it from sweetwater knowing I can always return it if it isn’t a good fit. It doesn’t look very playable with two hands, I wish he showed that in the video as well instead of playing with it flat on the desk.

where is the performance mode?

No dig at the hardware – might indeed be cool!

I haven’t listened to the audio tracks, but just watching the videos on mute it looks like they took all of the Critter & Guitari and Pittsburgh Modular videos, threw them into a blender, and fed that to an AI to see what it produced! :wink:

I’m guessing there’s a bit of ironic / hipster humor here they’re shooting for? Guess I’ll have to listen to the audio to find out…

1 Like

I’ve recorded long time ago a Typhon into the tracker sending midi notes from the tracker’s sequencer