Poly Effects Beebo (was Digit and Morph)

As well as using the Beebo as a normal fx processor I’m also curious about using one as a pseudo mastering unit/mixer (just to get things tidy for soundcloud, etc) EQ, Compression etc. I don’t use a computer/daw.

Looking to hook up my 2 OP-1’s.

Can anyone comment on the potential for this kind of use?

Thanks

1 Like

Anyone on here know how long a firmware update takes on the Beebo? I can’t seem to find anything and I’ve been sitting here waiting for my brand new Beebo to finish updating for about 20 minutes. I’m getting periodic flickers like it’s rebooting and the led on the flash drive blinks. Going from 3.1 to 3.4.

that’s way too long; have you tried a different flash device?

I think it was the power supply. Trying again…

Congratulations to this great device!

It took me just a couple of minutes (maybe 5) to update the firmware.
It is important to have the unzipped files in root directory
Furthermore Mokomo‘s advice may be the solution to your problem!

It was a case of not enough power. I knew it needed 500mA, I thought I was using a 500mA 9v adapter but it turns out it was only 300mA. They mean it when they say 500!

I think i NEED the beebo! Im always in pursuit of ways to live mangle vocals.

And ive been wanting a multi fx to insert in my mixer for rytm, rev2, and OT…as well as vocals etc.

It seems POLY continues to update this thing all the time. So my interest in it grows!

It seems like owners are very happy with it.

Thats all but interested in any latest and greatest thoughts/experiences.

Would you choose the Beebo over something like the Mod Duo X? I’m trying to decide myself.

1 Like

I always had an eye on the Mod Devices boxes but what convinced me in the end was that you can create and edit patches on the device itself in case of the Beebo instead if having to rely on a computer for that on the Mod Devices (even though it can be quite cumbersome on the little touch screen). But that’s just personal preference.

And now that both versions run at the same time it’s even more compelling to me. Creating own reverbs with impulse responses and chain that with other effects is right up my alley (don’t know if this can be done on the Mod‘s as well)

2 Likes

Oh wow not seen this. Looks powerful and interesting but not wanting more synthy engine stuff……ive got many years of learning left on the rev2 and rytm, let alone plugins in the daw! also wanting actual footpedal buttons….

Yeah this is very important to me. The less laptop the better for me.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I have a Beebo, and other devices that require a computer or tablet end up kind of just feeling like working with a DSP (I have an H9 Max which I find much less immediate than other pedals, even though it sounds great). Which is fine, I guess, but I prefer not to be chained to the computer all the time.

3 Likes

Get both!!

I just ordered a second H9 (Core) since I was able to max it out during their sale period and I agree that it sounds fantastic.
I also don’t like to use the app too much so I usually dial in my settings and then just use an expression pedal to tweak it. This way it feels more immediate but this will be my last „all in one“ FX box, if I can afford another one it will probably be a Strymon Volante or Deco.

1 Like

the looper is awesome

4 Likes

Yeah i watched his vids on the looper and loved what appears to be his ode to some classic loopers, the gibson echoplex and the super looper. Got the impression if one reads manuals on those two, it helps understanding the loopler. Way cool.

Have any of you beebo owners also owned an empress echosystem?

Can you hear much of a difference in fx sound quality?

Found this vid and for my ears the beebo and microcosm are the best in the group for granular. What i hear from the echosystem is exactly what i heard when i had it and it just doesnt seem very musical…

ALSO (couple days later and forum wont let me post 3 in a row haha):

Seems amazing to me that the ZOIA thread has 1.3k posts and this digit/ beebo thread 50 ish.

I remember the buzz about zoia was huge but still……beebo is serious competition! Im thinking its insanely underrated?

I got one coming and i am super excited.

4 Likes

What are your guys experiences with processing power on the Digit/Beebo? Yesterday I created a nice patch and already hit the 90% mark with only 4 modules being used and already had some audio crackles/dropouts when tweaking parameters. Wanted to add some control modules and then it went even above 100% cpu usage… Does it make a difference if you use stereo or mono ins and outs? I‘m mostly using it in stereo mode because I‘m a sucker for panning effects.

The looper is nice indeed and the MIDI mapping is straight forward, dusted out my old Korg Nano Kontrol but it isn’t the best solution.

1 Like

Which four? I dont have mine yet but ive watched i do believe every video in last few days!

Loki has indicated that theres plenty of ram (2 gb if i recall). But i also seem to remember him saying a couple modules are cpu intensive, maybe granular?

Are you looping :repeat: too?

Honestly more so interested than knowledgeable!

1 Like

Granular is part of the patch. In fact it´s part in quite some patches of mine so chances are that this really is a CPU hog as I noticed it before. Too bad as the MI Clouds emulation was the last bit that pushed me towards purchasing this pedal.
Looping was not involved in this particular patch. I just set up a template for the looper with all MIDI commands important for me mapped to a small controller.

1 Like