Place your bets! Which Elektron box will see an update next?

a Transfer update that allows you to save projects and samples / sounds/ settings into the same folder would be AMAZING for organization.

1 Like

I think they are working on it, I asked a few questions at last update and they said they were planning on doing backups through transfer instead of c6…

would like proper back up with a collect all feature for samples and projects On DT and AR and proper preset librarian … but not sure exactly they are planning though

1 Like

:grinning: :wink:

1 Like

I’m not expecting anything soon but I think it will be interesting to see if Elektron go for an OT 2 or split the next generation OT functionality into two separate devices - one being a performance mixer/fx/hub/looper and the other being geared more toward sampling/polyphonic sampling/drum sequencing. Alternatively it could be two separate pieces of hardware which emphasize different use cases but share identical feature sets not unlike A4/AK or the ‘tones but instead of keys one has more of a mixer layout with faders and the other has a pad grid or keys.

Part of the strangeness of the octatrack is it’s lack of immediate “purpose”, and there are UI issues when you make such an open multipurpose platform. On the other hand you can argue that what makes the OT special is this sort of shapeshifting. Time will tell.

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea. Reworking OT from the ground up but splitting it into two separate boxes. I agree that the OT does lack a definitive purpose currently (which may put off potential adopters or make users sell up out of frustration) but that’s the beauty of it imo and the more I use it the more I love it. But a Digi format performance mixer and another one for stereo polyphonic sampling duties and looping (let’s throw some granular in there too) etc would be quite cool!

Edit: I wouldn’t be surprised to see OT get made into a legacy device in the coming months or years. Hope not, but it’s happened before and it could happen again

2 Likes

And the winner is DN and DT. End of thread :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Next will be another AR and A4

By End of July

Next will be an FX unit.

1 Like

Here we go again.

Never ending wish list😀

1 Like

Right! Oh well. My money’s on Models getting trig previews and some other bits and bobs. Ahh, now I’m playing my own game again haha

Yeah Model update will come too I predict Oct/Nov

I feel 2020 will be all about OS updates

Be nice if they added ‘favourite’ function to models, func and press orange/blue encoder, easy.

I bet they will implement the new sequence input methods from the recent DT/DN update to the A4 and Rytm next. Would be nice if they managed to keep the Rytm up to date with the Digitakt, since the Rytm seems positioned as basically the DT’s big brother.

3 Likes

I hope so, the AR/A4 are pretty much the top of the line of Elektron units. That would be a huge let down to Analog owners if they wouldn’t bring those features.

1 Like

This is my bet too. I think they have to work the MIDI side.

1 Like

BPM per pattern for Octatrack.

Then class compliant USB audio, probability and trig preview for the Analogs. :slight_smile:

Two out of three ain’t bad!

9 Likes

BTW more effects: I’m really lusting for some cross audio channel effects where L can modulate in some way R or the other way around. Or an envelope follower (L/R/L+R) with assignable destinations like the lfos … just anything which can react to the audio content itself (besides the compressor).

6 Likes

It’s a separate fx unit, but isn’t this what the Drolo FX Stretch Weaver does? At least, I think that’s part of it’s functionality.

1 Like