Place your bets! Which Elektron box will see an update next?

Yes, something like the Drolo FX Stretch Weaver, but built-in. IMHO it’s really a missed opportunity, because it neither needs much coding nor much processing power (for example: cross AM => just multiplying sample values).

1 Like

surely the next update enable the digitakt to export the project with all used samples, placing all of the files neatly into a folder via transfer. we will all be so relived in the knowledge that everything is backed up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It had better be the digitone (keys?) getting some bug fixes before I just sell the thing. Overbridge makes using the hardware UI impossibly laggy, among other issues.

This also, what a pain.

It’s a travesty that the cycles doesn’t have trig previews; especially with the chord machine.

This doesn’t need an update to Digitakt at all, but just an enhanced version of Transfer. All devices with a +drive will benefit from it.

Regarding Transfer: yes, it is surely not complete yet and the update(s) are very likely in the works.

1 Like

Hahaha you fools!
4tlvdo

6 Likes

coming back to the digitakt, i think this is the one, a mk2 would make most sense.

formfactor is great, it shouldnt be changed.

i also dont miss dynamic touch pads, as they would be too tiny to play anyway.

but what Im missing most is stereo sampling/usb-recording/input mixing.

a mk2 could also extend the maximum recording length of 30 seconds to a few minutes, double the internal RAM, add timestretching and improve looping-points, so that start and end blend better.

an internal tuner would be handy, to get the samples easier in tune.

if they would add connection possibilities, a simple cv tempo sync in/out would make the combination with eurorack more comfortable.

an easy to handle simple song mode and sample exchange via usb without the need of an extra software would wrap it up.

development of those additions shouldnt be too complicated. add more colors and youre good to go.

4 Likes

yes, might be just handled by transfer.
digitone saves all the sounds and the soundpool in the project, octatrack can collect the samples into the project folder. these are the 2 other elektron devices i own.
my guess is analog four handles it the same as the digitone but analog rytm doesn’t transfer save the samples?

I’d think digitakt is once again the most obvious given its last update didn’t really catch it up to the digitone with some of the features that came with digitone keys. I guess the models also seem to need a update that gives some better calibration but I dont expect more really… would be cool to see new engines on the cycles. But yeah my bet is on digitakt, it feels like it has been due a bigger feature update for a long time now.

2 Likes

I have no doubt it will be a dual update covering the model series and the digitakt mk2

can’t wait for sample lock scrolling via the knob on the model samples like It is on the digitakt whoo!!!

1 Like

Not a bet. Just a wish…
Ratchet on MIDI tracks.
So yeah, next IS update for DT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hmmmm…so on the basis of the consensus here, perhaps with holding off dropping any money on a Digitakt just yet, as if a DT2 hits the market worth considering what it brings to the table, and even if not worth the upgrade, there may be a flood of cheaper used DT1s on eBay very soon…

I’m holding back until the next big one comes. I’m curious if elektron ever pushes a bigger one out again, or are they concentrate on cheap small boxes in the future. There is nothing wrong with that - they are fun i guess, but I already have a lot of toys.
I had monomachine, octatrack, analog four, digitakt and digitone. I liked the digitone the most (from a sound & synthesis look), followed by octatrack. I wish they put out a big digitone/digitakt combined machine with arranger, 8 tracks and 64 voice poly (please give us stereo & polyphony for samples too, with timestretching). I guess such a device could be my main creative timewaster.

1 Like

I hope they update the analogs before the digis from now on…
the digis have been getting all the new tricks first like trig preview, prob etc over last year or so.
The analogs are the flagship ones, the little brother/sisters are always first…

1 Like

From a selling standpoint I don’t think elektron consider the analog series as flagship.
Yes, featurewise.
But I’d say the digi ones are the fat in the pans.

3 Likes

Might make people buy the more expensive ones if they get the upgrades first :laughing:

Well, I don’t know :smiley:

1 Like

Smells like cheap tactics: sending the little ones out to test the waters. :wink:

Na, I guess it’s more like Christmas. The little ones are always sooo excited. So let them run and fetch their presents first. The grown ups can wait …

3 Likes

Oh would that be great…