Place your bets! Which Elektron box will see an update next?

Go to memory config, change reserve length there, in rec setup set LEN to max.

1 Like

See my post above, when changing reserve length the text will show number of steps when adjusting.

1 Like

Aye. It’s a good tip. But as RAM is shared between all tracks and 8m28s is the max, printing all 8 tracks would result in just over a minute max for each, right? Recording all tracks directly to CF would be a more elegant solution imo. No idea if it’s possible, just thought it’s a great idea for bouncing all of a pattern’s audio in separate stems in one fell swoop :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: or more than one pattern if Arranger changes were followed during bouncing

Definitely, I was just addressing the 64 step part :wink:

Recording direct to card would be great, but probably not possible.

I still wish the steps could be set to beyond 64 in rec setup, and let dynamic recorder settings govern it.

3 Likes

Another good idea for an OS tweak :slight_smile:

I’d love “direct” recording on CF, but I absolutely don’t count on it, even if it’s possible with a RC505, recording up to 2GB, around 3H30m on a microSd card!
With OT I tested 8 recordings at the same time, directly played at different start positions, it worked perfectly. A FLEX track playing its previous recording and other recordings can even record itself!:loopy: RAM only…
Octatrack 64 breakbeat x 16 slices megabreak of doom:

So yes, @craig theoretically 1m04s max per track for 8 recordings, with free RAM.

4 Likes

Is there anyone that knows OT better than you?! The level of knowledge that you possess is simply astonishing! I have bookmarked at least 100 of your posts.

3 Likes

cough model battery handle

2 Likes

Analog Drive! No update since july 2017!
No conditional trigs, no song mode! :scream:

Hard to bet with Elektron, we had some really good surprises. Give all a Chance! (make TRC a mega Chance knob).

My wishes are for DN first, some annoying bugs. OT has many bugs, but usually there’s a workaround. :pl:

3 Likes

Yes, and it’s your latest acquisition by the sounds of it. DN has many problems but, like you said, there are some workarounds for certain things. I think DN has the most potential for improvements, as it’s definitely not maxed out like DT and there are so many good suggestions on the DN feature requests thread. They could really turn DN from great to phenomenal if implemented :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, the DN is almost perfect, just a few frustrating issues with the arp (no quantize-offsets-to-scale as the manual shows, arp notes dont follow trigless plocks, arp params not plockable) and lfo (timing divisions, fade, triggers), as well as the potential for plockable fx, retrig, and fixed ops, and it would be perfect in my eyes.

And, @ess has even mentioned that there is an update in the works to fix the infamous clicking bug, so I can definitely see a digitone update soon - I’m checking the news all the time hoping about it, it’s an incredible instrument already and just needs a few finishing touches :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really wish Elektron would work on the live looping functionality of the OT. Flex machines work ok and Pick Ups can’t be trusted. Look at the way an RC 505 handles looping as a model. Would it be impossible to add sound on sound functionality to Flex machines? (The work around is a Pita and it should just work) or make Pick up machines as reliable as they should be so they can be used with confidence.

For the record I happily use Flex machines for live looping but it could be a bit better.

3 Likes

digitakt + elektron tranfer update that just let’s me pick a project and tranfers the project + samples into a folder of my choice. please? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh, and then microtuning for all current boxes, so we explore the forbidden frequencies
yeah, maybe this just turned into a whishlist, actually i don’t get my hopes up…

1 Like

You’re not alone in the micro tuning dreams. @Ess has talked about it as an interest, so we can definitely dream - I’ve found a few different techniques for achieving basic micro tonality on the digitone, may start a thread about it soon if others are interested - microtinality opens up a whole new universe, and fm is the perfect way to explore that universe since you have so much control over harmonic spectra (eg using 3:1 ratios for sounds using the tritave instead of octaves like bohlen peirce tunings, much more complimentary - not to mention just intonation combined with plocks to operator ratios - ok I’ll stop, now I’m drooling lol)

2 Likes

I would like to see transfer improved with more functionality with presets etc…
that’s my guess for next update put me down for $100.00 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

a Transfer update that allows you to save projects and samples / sounds/ settings into the same folder would be AMAZING for organization.

1 Like

I think they are working on it, I asked a few questions at last update and they said they were planning on doing backups through transfer instead of c6…

would like proper back up with a collect all feature for samples and projects On DT and AR and proper preset librarian … but not sure exactly they are planning though

1 Like

:grinning: :wink:

1 Like

I’m not expecting anything soon but I think it will be interesting to see if Elektron go for an OT 2 or split the next generation OT functionality into two separate devices - one being a performance mixer/fx/hub/looper and the other being geared more toward sampling/polyphonic sampling/drum sequencing. Alternatively it could be two separate pieces of hardware which emphasize different use cases but share identical feature sets not unlike A4/AK or the ‘tones but instead of keys one has more of a mixer layout with faders and the other has a pad grid or keys.

Part of the strangeness of the octatrack is it’s lack of immediate “purpose”, and there are UI issues when you make such an open multipurpose platform. On the other hand you can argue that what makes the OT special is this sort of shapeshifting. Time will tell.

1 Like