Octatrack 64 breakbeat x 16 slices megabreak of doom:

The Ultimate is 128x128 ! Who will do it first ? :loopy:

1 Like

The limit is the amount of slices available on a sample - afaik its 64.

I don’t have an Octatrack any more but I think that was the case anyway. On that note, any UK peeps interested in trading my Analog Keys for an OT? :wink:

Start mode = 128 start positions. :wink:

Sorry but I’m in Brittany, a bit too far, and I have an A4. But I hope you’ll have another Ot to find other excellent tricks !

Megabreak of Dooom is not dead !

RATM vs BBoys, 2x4 loops imported, 8x8 Megabreak made in OT, 8 trigs, 8 slices.
2 drum loop samples added.

Test with 16 acid TB303 loops, 8 trigs x 16 slices, crossfader only.

14 Likes

These are both pretty sick! I love mashups, this was a good one.

1 Like

I’m working again on a Megabreak generator in OT only, with the ability to convert CF card loops or real-time recording loops.

I’d like to know what are your preferences concerning number or loops vs loop length, as I’d like to do different templates…

• Regular tempo : 16 x 1 bars loops, 8 x 2 bars loops, 4 x 4 bars loops
  • Tempo / 2 : 32 x 1 bars loops, 16 x 2 bars loops, 8 x 4 bars loops
    Etc…

Example with 8 x 1 bar loop, 8 x 1/8th slices.
If anyone understand something, let me know ! :smile:
4 patterns needed to record :

10 Likes

I’ve only started using the megabreak technique recently and I’ve begun creating my own recently with the help of software. I’d love a way to do it with the OT only, if it was simple enough. I’ve only used 16 x 1 bar so far.

1 Like

:star_struck: can you explain a bit more? (tu déchires!)

1 Like

:wink: What in particular ? I’m still working on it on the Octatrack with but it is VERY complicated. :loopy: As I have headaches (even without Megabreak) it doesn’t help. I want to make everything work before further explanations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your favourite thread I guess :slight_smile:

If I succeed, maybe, like for Triggering Slices, but I think I enjoyed more Metronome thread. :wink:
All I can say is that Status on Overbridge is not my favorite. :smile:

5 Likes

We have something in common :wink:

3 Likes

Ok it works. Not really satisfied yet because I had a lot of bugs with part changes and recorders. Solved sometimes by replacing a trig by a new one with same parameters. :zonked:
If there’s something wrong a the record shorter you loose the slices. You have to revert to saved file or do power cycle.
I’ll do it again with a new project.

1 Like

So it works pretty well with 8 x 1 bar.
I can play live with crossfader for 8 bars or 8 tracks, arm all recorders, get 8 recordings, and it is automatically matrixed with the Arranger. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, @Rusty, what is your secret to do it “manually”? :wink:

just as a reminder for new in this page, you have a matrix generator for a first easy (lol @sezare56) version of megabreak of doom on this octachainer https://ticticelectro.com/2017/08/26/octachainer-v1-3/

But Sezare you give us new ideas so I have to follow your headache for now…
dammit

new megamegabreak to understand …

The four boards you drawed are to use one after the other to obtain the result ?
Or are they differents solutions ?
What is the difference with a classic megabreak as the octachainer can create ?

:slight_smile:

Have fun in England bro

If I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore would it? :wink:

3 Likes

Thats the 4 mains steps to obtain mega samples. It can be done with 4 patterns with the Arranger. The first 8 recording can be done in any way. No difference in the result, except it can be recorded live.

1 Like

I said it was a secret, not a problem if it is not. :slight_smile:

I remember this being a ballache to set up, and I was using Ableton so I could actually see what was going on and keep track of things. Best of luck to any of you doing it without visual cues :smile:

Ps anyone want to swap an AK for an OT?

1 Like