Petition: Implement Scenes for midi tracks

+1 :+1:

+1

This feature would be a great function to have the octa as a live brain machine.

this has been surely said, but i’ve this this feature to elektron, and it’s not really possible, cause the fader would send to much information in the MIDI bus.

Yup. If you figure out that each pattern can send an unique program change message when selected, scene select send MIDI CC as so does the crossfader, all sorts of things possible with a little creativity :wink:

Yup. If you figure out that each pattern can send an unique program change message when selected, scene select send MIDI CC as so does the crossfader, all sorts of things possible with a little creativity ;)[/quote]
I built a framework with the Ruin & Wesen MiniCommand that allows Midi Scenes…

Basically, utilising one or more midi tracks on the Octatrack to define how the MiniCommand handles the Midi Scenes… in essence, it is only slightly different to programming parameter locks; utilising various secret squirrel business to define target parameters on external synths, low/high range etc… have had this working quite fluently on a Shruthi Polivoks and an Access Virus TI across six different parts simulteneously… :alien:

1 Like

Removed dead video link…

2 Likes

+1.

nice one rusty. be careful you might get a job in sweden soon.

Lol, I can move to Göteborg, nice city.

ehhh… what kind of sorcery is this? but they said it couldn’t be done…!? :wink:
:+1: :+1:
nice one. really don’t understand why it can’t be done natively inside the OT when such workarounds like this are possible. where there’s a will there’s always a way…

So, Rusty, you set the synth’s cutoff to listen to CC# 48 (crossfader)?

No, that would be too easy, woudn’t waste my time making a video. Besides, you can’t do that on the Shruthi. CC for Filter Cutoff is #14

I’ll probably post another video in a bit showing a more complex example, including programming/setting the scenes.

1 Like

Note that Guga is starting to take preorders for his Morph device that will do this, see here:

Is it an LFO that modulate a CC that you control with the crossfader ? guessing :+1:

just discoverd that this is not possible with this thread :confused: what a bummer

sorry for bumping this up but… I was curious about Rusty’s video - is there any workarounds for this?

+1

+1

Finally have run into this wall.

+1.

There’s this:

http://www.gugabox.com/New/#

It would really be nice to have :stuck_out_tongue:

+1