Petition: Implement Scenes for midi tracks

I used the OT as a stand alone groove box for the first year or so, and yes, I was very surprised when I hooked up external gear to find that the crossfader wasn’t assignable to midi cc’s. Seems like it would be a given to me. I’d love to see this though i expect they’re holding it back for their next gen machine… if that ever happens.
So yeh,
+1

+1

One cannot tell it too often indeed : Guga used some of his magic to create the Morph4 that precisely address this matter.
This is a nice workaround for those whose workflow need this functionality so bad they are willing e.g. to sign a petition.
Besides you can also use it for other Elektron hardware. As well as any MIDI listening device, in fact…

We had the question about implemantating MIDI CCs to the scenes a lot of time.
It will never happen !
The reason is following:
You have 8 Miditracks, each has 10 Controllers possible. This is all togetether 80 different MIDI CCs. Imagine you take them all at Scene A with a value of 0. You have them all at Scene B with 127. Now move the fader in half a second from A to B.
This is too much data. Your Midi-Cable would start to burn !!!

I think, its just not possible !
(but it would be nice of course)

tm

Sooo I’m new to the OT so forgive me if this video has been addressed.

But in searching for a confirmation/workaround on the “No MIDI Scene” issue I came across this vid:

WTF?

The fader sends (and receives) CC data, but that’s just a single CC parameter, not multiple ones you can set to specific values as a scene and then crossfade between them.

Ah. So it’s the equivalent to looking at the Xfader as a hardware’s MIDI controller?

1 Like

Oh my bad. I did not bother looking through this thread. Sorry.

Soooo I’ll just go ahead an put my +1bazillion here.

I also second the scene support on the midi side. However, there could be quite a bit of confusion when you think about the implications of assigning both midi and audio track params to the xfader, would be logistically quite a nightmare to remember what was set up to which scene.

And too much midi data would choke the midi line no doubt. Perhaps if you could only map a few midi controls to the scenes, hmm? I’d gladly take, say, up to four params, than nothing at all, for example.

Thats a :cat:

And a typical (and beautiful) one at that. When I saw that, I went “Of course.” Felines seem to have a knack for knowing the best moment to eff with you out of sheer vengeance. My guess is you had been at that for awhile and thus ignoring it, so of course it decides to get in your face at the most inopportune moment. My cat is the same. I’ll be ignoring her for hours writing and recording parts. Then I’ll sit down to mix over speakers and THEN she decides to start wailing her disapproval. It’s unreal.

There was a story related in the book “Beyond Words” (great book on animal consciousness, terrible title) where a Russian hunter tells how they once scared off a Serbian tiger from its kill. That same tiger would destroy their traps, scare off animals that came close to the hunters’ bait, roar and scare everything away, basically not let the hunters hunt for a year because of that one infraction.

That kind of vengeance takes great skill and effort. It must be admired.

Got myself a synth over the hols…ran into this issue and came here searching…

Damm you can’t do this…would rock. Even if had to be limited to a few cc,s

If you really need it, @guga used to sell a MIDI crossfader to achieve this precisely.
You could get up to 4 scenes, iirc.

Morph 4
Bitstream 3x can do it too.
With Event Processor you can map xfader’s Cc48 to other Ccs with selected ranges too.

gugabox Morph4

http://www.gugabox.com/v3/morph4.html

+1
Even if this could work with only a few midi parameters it would be very usefull.

2 Likes

-1 Just give up allready

4 Likes

They are only doing bug fix updates from hereon in.

All i need really is volume cc to bring in new sounds with fader…1 per midi channel would do me…

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: OT Known Bugs & Workarounds Document