Performance knob

Hi guys, I would like to know what you guys do with Digitone to perform…
Do you have any tips to perform with Digitone apart from FUNC+NO to reload the track back?
Would be nice to mess with them 4 track and get it back to the previous flow.
Anyone have a hint to drop on how to get a good perfomance on the master.
Something similar to Analog Four or RYTH MK2, Like a performance knob on all the tracks together.
I really miss this feature

Thanks

I’m thinking about using Mods with external midi or midi loopback, using the same midi channel for all tracks. Seems to work.

Pitchbend
Velocity
Modulation Wheel
Breath Controller
Aftertouch

2 Likes

Also, fill trigs, and every other trick to get as much mileage out of each pattern - per-track scales, good M.LEN, X:Y trig conditions, sound locks.

Also, mod-wheel per-track with nice assignments. Especially dedicated adherent: Custom Controller for Digitone - 4x Modwheel, is it possible? [Update: did it + mini tutorial]

2 Likes

Is it possible to assign all tracks using Modulation wheel in one knob in the MIDI set section of Digitone? I am finding it very difficult to work it out.
Thanks for the reply tho

Unfortunately not but that would be great.
The 8 additional knobs currently control only the selected 8 user controls of the currently selected track.
I think the only way to assign them to macros is to use MIDI loopback and a MIDI track for control.
A nice update with assignable macros controlling parameters across all 4 tracks would be lovely!
It would be a much better use of the controls. I must admit that I tend to neglect those controls at the moment.

2 Likes

I always use the mod wheel for this… You have like for parameters you can control at once and it is simple to go back to 0. I have a keys though so i guess it is much easier since it is right there.

I’m using programmable knobs on my SL MK2 keyboard to send Mod Wheel for each of the 4 Digitone tracks.
Gives me something like a macro, accessible for all tracks all the time.

(Mod Wheel, Aftertouch [not a normal CC], Breath Control as well as Pitch Bend can each be set up to move 4 parameters, manual section 9.5.11)

Most patches for DN have Mod Wheel already, and most for Keys have Aftertouch too. Breath Control is rarely used, so could be a good user custom one.

2 Likes

That is an excellent idea. I’ve already got faders for the 4 internal tracks mapped, and I always put MIDI CC 7 on the external synths’ Values page so they get a fader too. I’ve got eight knobs free and you’ve just given me a use for six of them, thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Ooh this is a great idea. I’ve just ordered a Keystep 37 and I guess it could be used to control the mod wheel for each of the tracks on my Digitone.

1 Like