Digitone feature requests!

You can tie notes together by making the 1st long enough to overlap the 2nd.

1 Like

Another idea (probably already requested) : it would be nice to be free to set specific values for the effects for each track. I mean, you can’t apparently set a 1/4 delay on track 1 and a 1/8. on track 2. It’s more a global effect with individual blend controls. Maybe am I wrong. And it’s maybe impossible, due to the effect architecture path of the unit.

Thanks! I’ll use that, I did wonder what mechanism it was using when I was just recording live. I’d still love for it to be an at-a-glance thing consistent with the internal engine, but this will help immensely

It is, as you correctly guess, impossible due to the effect architecture path :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love a custom screen where you could hand-pick different settings and assign them to the 8 knobs A-H. Sort of like the Combinator in Reason where a knob could control one-to-many settings within defined ranges.

I find that in any given song, I tend to reach for the same settings within that song when doing a live jam. So, it would be great to have the ability to assign e.g.

Knob A: filter cutoff on track 1.
Knob B: filter cutoff on track 2+3
Knob C: filter decay on track 4
Knob D: reverb send on all tracks
Knob E: transpose of track 2+3 within range 0 (min) to +12 (max)
Knob F: LFO depth on track 4 within range 32 (min) to 64 (max)

This would make it so much easier to perform your favorite effects and transitions and program them in advance by assigning a custom knob for it.

6 Likes

(To keep this thread clean)
@djst, some ideas on workarounds for this here: Performance knob, primarily MIDI loopback.

2 Likes

Is it possible to loop or otherwise retrigger the filter envelope (or amp envelope, or any of the modulator envs) without playing a new note?

If not that seems like a cheap and pretty powerful feature.

1 Like

Digitakt just got a massive update!! So we will get one too right? You would think so…

1 Like

Patience, young grasshopper. It takes time to make sure they implement MIDI arp correctly :wink:

33 Likes

Most of the new features the digitakt got, the digitone already has? long time coming for the takt if you ask me

13 Likes

I’m probably a small minority but I’d really love the ability to have the ability to adjust track lengths in smaller increments than steps. Such as being able to have a track length that is 63.2 long.

3 Likes

If they get synthesizer features we should get rachets then… Fair is fair…

8 Likes

Wednesday

4 Likes

Being a Digitone owner myself, I’d love to see an update with new juicy features as well, but, the Digitone OS is at 1.31, so in a sense we are still ahead of the Digitakt :wink:

1 Like

Yes! Lots more synth features to really emphasize the ”Tone” aspect of it!

Perhaps make the base width filter page another resonant multimode filter.

Perhaps a completely new VA engine!

6 operators might be too much, and I don’t necessarily need it, but compatibility with clasic fm sounds would be intriguing.

Something big to make another big splash and shoot the Digitones flying out of shops right into musicians hands!

4 Likes

If Digitone were to get Digitakts Compressor I might actually be on board again

9 Likes

For the DN I think they´re going to include the FX/mix improvement from the DT, the filter delay, maybe the filter EQ, etc.

I´d like to see the compressor as well but the most I´d like for the DN is some sound improvement, something that could make the DN to have different timbres, a wider range of sound basically.

3 Likes

I just want a brightness control and the global mixer setting.

Oh, maybe a mix control for the global overdrive.

1 Like

Agreed. Maybe some expansion of the additive side of it, maybe some sort of wavefolding or assignable ring mod between the operators (like the VZ series)…

5 Likes

That would be very nice. Sometimes the DN sounds too much the same so any kind of improvement in that direction would be great.

2 Likes