Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Yes, they have promised it.

1 Like

Squarp has more or less said definition files will be implemented at some point

1 Like

So does OXI have definition files? (Presumably not)

Not yet. Manuel has Templates on his todo list tho.

1 Like

Thanks that’s good to know!

Cool! Couldn’t find that in the manual though.

There is currently a voting page on the Oxi website. It was put there by the makers of the One to guide them on what feature to focus on in the next update. Pattern templates is on the list and currently winning by one vote (as of time of writing).

@leighzi88, I you are likely to get a One or influenced to buy one based on the features on the list, I would suggest voting - it only takes a minute or two to sign up to the forum and helps everyone by giving valuable feedback to the community.

Here is the link to the vote: POLL: What would you like/need to see next?? - OXI Instruments Forum

3 Likes

Templates/instrument definitions sound really cool and I love how they seem to work in the Cirklon. Though in reality I’m not sure how much I’d use them in the Oxi One. The way the Oxi works with Multitracks being able to control so many things at once, I’m not sure if it would be of benefit to me.

1 Like

I change my setup a lot and it’s so fast to get all your midi/cv configured in Oxi One, I’m just not sweating it right now

1 Like

Still getting to grips with the Oxi, it’s really fun so far. However I’d love to record the arpegiatted chords somehow, is there any way to make this possible?

I was wondering the same when I used the OXI with the arpeggio lately, couldn’t find info that it is possible.

Love this with the Keystep Pro to get something basic going and then mess with the individual steps after the arp is recorded. Very useful feature!

It was asked in the forum mid April and Manual of OXI said: “We’ll try to solve this in any way in a future FW release”.
Give some love to OXI to make this possible :wink:
https://oxiinstruments.com/forum/d/322-recording-a-sequence-for-chord-mode-within-preview-with-enabled-arp/2

1 Like

Had my first play with my new OXI today. I’m really enjoying it. My main question so far is whether it’s possible to perform functions on a page only basis, rather than affecting the whole sequence? For example if I duplicate a one page pattern into two pages, is it possible to only transpose the notes on the second page? Thanks :slight_smile:

Is Oxi going to be for sale at any US-based retailers soon?

1 Like

Yea they recently announced the prices and that they’re on their way to retailers - check the Oxi forums!

Edit, it was on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce1k4IbO8p0

3 Likes

Ah, thank you — sounds like it will be soon! Still curious which retailers they’re referring to :thinking:

Shoot them a message - I assume they must have a list based on the insta post - maybe they’re still trying to get them into more peoples hands so it might just be incomplete at the minute

1 Like

I’ve had trouble getting a stable / tight midi sync between my OXI one and external gear (like a SP-404 MK2), both with usb and trs midi out. No problem using my Syntakt or Cirklon to achieve the same result … anyone have any tips on getting better midi clock out?

Strange, I’ve yet to encounter any such problem. Best of luck getting it ironed out!

Thanks! Have you tried to sequence any other gear that has internal sequences (like the SP or an elektron)? It works fine if I simply trigger samples in the SP using notes from the OXI, but the timing is not right when trying to launch internal SP patterns by pressing ‘play’ on the OXI. I tried clocking the OXI in sync mode (receiving clock from the Syntakt) and it resolved the issue, which leads me to conclude that the OXI clock or its start/stop messages are not quite right at the moment.

Using the OXI to sync and sequence my TR-8S and Syntakt with TRS MIDI using a MIDI thru without any issues. What I can see sometimes is a short, slight change of the BPM in the display of the ST. But it’s not audible for me.