Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

No, harmonizer engine works only with Chord as a master for now.

Firmware 2.3 is released, with some awesome new features!

https://oxiinstruments.com/forum/d/384-oxi-one-fw-23

8 Likes

It includes these main features, fixes and improvements:

Independent MOD lanes

• Dedicated Mod settings menu (shift + encoder click or turn to open)
  • Independent start end points
  • Independent division-speed
  • Independent smooth factor
  • Button quick Functions like x2, /2, clear and so on work per lane
  • Lanes are linked by default, so actions like clear, duplicate, init, end, x2 and /2 only affect the lanes that are linked.

Spread can be set per step in chord mode.
Auto clock (analog input not yet supported) and Auto fallback to internal clock

Random Perform values are now set per track in Multitrack mode

Mute and Solo indication in the grid when pressing Mute in multitrack mode
Improved Pattern generator workflow (go to euclidean menu).
Improved euclidean workflow.
Lfo and external Cv modulation sent to pitch is now quantized to the scale in chord mode
Unipolar & Bipolar velocity, octave and gate randomization

Others:
Keyboard chromatic scale: black notes are shown with pad LED off
Multitrack: selected track is shown in the grid
USB MIDI Windows fix*
Harmonized sequencers stay in sync with the master

All the release notes can be found here:

5 Likes

Oof, this is the one for me!!!

2 Likes

Manuel managed to get a fix in to this release for the issue I was having recording chords as well which is cool. Not sure if the ‘missing the first chord step’ with the harmoniser issue has been fixed yet, need to check.

4 Likes

Hi friends, need some help:
I want to build a setup where my octatrack is the master clock, and sends start/stop messages to the oxi one so that:

1. The oxi syncs to the bpm of OT
  2. The oxi sequencer starts playing when I press play on OT

I have set the settings on the OT correctly (send clock, send start/stop messages). As a test, I hooked up my syntakt to the midi out of my OT and it syncs correctly and starts when I press play on OT.

When I connect the same midi out cable from the OT to the midi TRS in port on my oxi, nothing happens. In the config midi settings of the oxi: there is no option to set the settings for the midi sync except ‘ignore midi start/stop’ which is set to off.

What am I doing wrong here? some help please as I want to jam tomorrow!
@OxiInstruments?

Gracias!!!

Should have been fixed as well!
Please get the 2.3b3 which actually fixes it.

2 Likes

Hi!, If you don’t have the latest fw version with autoclock feature, you need to stop the sequencer and press SHIFT + STOP (which is sync) to change the sync settings.
By default it’s Internal. I don’t know if you have tried this already.

2 Likes

Just arrived. Great presentation in the case. It’s a heavy duty case. Octatrack came in today as well. Plan to use together with an iPad, in addition to using it with my Force.

Likely won’t be able to test it tonight, had to run out for the night as soon as it arrived.

Will report back tomorrow!

This was it miguel, thank you! Feel like a noob now but expected the settings ti be in the midi settings in config! Thanks again!

1 Like

Amazing thank you! Will update this morning have some stuff to record this weekend :raised_hands:

1 Like

Manuel, but close enough :smiley:

3 Likes

Lo siento, i’m doing this while juggling a baby of 3 months, first one, you will understand if you have kids haha :wink:

4 Likes

I noticed that the sync setting is not saved with the project. Is this by design?

Initial impressions on first time sequencing the iPad… better than I had even hoped for. It is so easy to compose with.

One issue, and I’ve seen it brought up, but I’ll confirm. When plugged into an older iPad Pro with lightening to USB adapter, the iPad will not work with the Oxi. It states the oxi consumes too much power. I have a mio usb to midi and that works fine. What I’ll have to check now is if it will power a Quadra Thru.

Build quality is great, and want to reiterate how impressed I was with the presentation when ordered with the case. You can tell care is taken with the product and presentation.

Really could used the Push 2/launch pad pro style scale mode for live playing. It is cumbersome dealing with pads that aren’t in the scale on a pad matrix this size.

As far as the iPad power issue, not a big deal, I knew to expect that, but I am hoping that when I try to plug it into a new m1 iPad Pro with USB C rather than lightening, that it will work.

Can anyone comment on that?

I’ve had zero issues with oxi + usbc iOS devices (m1 iPad Pro & iPad mini 6). Absolute mobile dream team.

3 Likes

I’m not really into the power internals of the OXI but here’s my understanding of what’s going on: The issue here is that the OXI wants to charge its battery. In case of USB-C with power delivery, the iPad and the OXI could communicate on how much power is available. But without power delivery supported, there’s no such communication possible so the OX will just try to consume as much power as it can get. The iPad notices that and blocks this attempt. This can be circumvented with a powered USB hub but of course that’s not very convenient.

Maybe there could be a “legacy mode” possible which somehow reduces the power consumption by disabling battery charging or so.

2 Likes

This is my take as well. I’m hoping it won’t be an issue with a newer iOS Device.

It’s working flawlessly on my iPad Pro 2020.

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping for. I hope to be able to test it today. I had a glass issue with my iPad so waiting on amazon to get a new one here.