Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

Can you add a journey / experience mode

It’s identical to song mode but has a 1000 word essay discussion lots of waffle and meaningless fluff … it’s popular these days.

I was a bit skeptical of this when I first looked over it but as it has been revealed / developed it looks very interesting.

We try to keep the fluff quota at minimum, but it’s a bit mandatory on marketing 101 these days.
I personally despise it.

But leaving behind all that, anyone can see we have a pretty good damn solid sequencer at hands, that it’s well worth checking. It can stand on its own without us pumping up hype, but now there’s only a handful of people with the machine so it’s up to us to make it known.

We are constantly listening and learning during all this process.
It’s more complex than it may look but it’s equally thrilling.

6 Likes

Absolutely. I’m a little obsessed with sequencers - ok, maybe these days not so much anymore, want to focus more on music and less on gear - but nevertheless it’s really impressive how far you guys have come and especially how you seem to manage to pack almost evething one could want in a sequencer into Oxi One.

If this thing runs solidly, you have a winner. Certainly.

2 Likes

This visual explanation is really nice. I’m hoping you’ll end up doing all the features this way… So nice to have at a glance.

1 Like

Is this something you plan on producing for sometime? Likely not going to be able to get in early, but hope to end of the year.

1 Like

The crowdfunding campaign will decide the viability of manufacturing OXI One. The first hurdle is the funding goal, It’d set the first production batch if we succeed.
If so, we’d take preorders afterwards for a second batch through e-commerce and eventually through retails. That’d be the ideal scenario for us.

The first batch is expected to be sent in Q4, that’d mean you’d have to support the upcoming campaign (with substantial discount) in the following weeks. So the hypothetical second batch (at market price) is yet distant.

In resume, it is you who decides if we can continue producing, not us.

3 Likes

Hi @CarlosUnch - what percentage of your funding goal is covered by your VIP list, assuming all your 1 euro VIPs participate?

2 Likes

Good question!
Depends on the VIP conversion percentage as you say, we can’t assume 100% of the VIPs will support the campaign of course. But yes, even with a medium conversion rate, the funding goal should be covered :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Based on everything I’ve read and watched, there will be no challenge hitting the minimum! You’ll have the opposite problem.

Are you guys feeling confident about manufacturing?

3 Likes

Glad you like it! I’m cooking up more, here’s the last one (also would love your feedback on this one, to see if it’s clear)

4 Likes

We hope so too!

Mass manufacturing will be a challenge no doubt. There’s many things to consider; certifications, quality control of parts, assembly, testing …

That’s why we want to play safe by limiting the units available for the launch campaign, so in case the Spanish inquisition shows up, we are caught with less OXIs in our hands :smiley:

I have nightmares where all the sequencers we ship are defective and submitted for return.

3 Likes

I’ve spent what might be considered ‘an unhealthy’ amount of time watching/reading up on this one and am definitely the wrong person to say if the graphics would make immediate sense. They make perfect sense to me but, again, I’m already more than familiar with the devise and layout, so, :man_shrugging:. Fellow Elektronauts who haven’t YET obsessed over this sequencer are gonna have to take the reigns on this. :relaxed:

@CarlosUnch my only note would be to include a ‘step’ column at the end to show all of the per step parameters.
(Ps… pretty sure everyone in your position has had those same nightmares! )

1 Like

Will be there any possibility to join the VIP list if someone won’t accept the deal? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So, in this one, the “4 sequencers” bit in projects doesn’t make sense. I’d delete that entirely, and instead have the sequencer box say “Sequencer 1” and then have a stack of cards behind it that say “Sequencer 2”, “Sequencer 3”, “Sequencer 4” behind it, with only the tops visible — that will make it clearer that each sequencer has its own mode, etc.

Then, the relationship between patterns at the project level and patterns at the lane level isn’t clear. Is it that a project can have a bank of 64 patterns, and a given lane that’s part of a song can have up to 16 of them as part of that song? Also, is a “lane” equivalent to a “sequencer”? If so, I would stop using the word sequencer anywhere and only say lane — that’s clearer.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, good call on pulling out steps as well.

The other thing that would be nice would be to a) tie this back to the physical UI of the device if you can, and b) get some color in there to make the relationships clearer.

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out the same thing. If a lane is tied to a sequencer, then I’m guessing all the patterns in that lane have the same sequencer mode ?

Agreed

1 Like

I can understand this … but a good design, selection of proofed quality compontents, a decent quality control, and taking the time it takes, to be sure that the quality level is high is one key to success. Been there too, in some way … :wink:

2 Likes

Tempted to see how this one compares to the lovely Deluge.

1 Like

@klaustrophil may have a few words

2 Likes

I actually own both now. Being frustrated with the Deluge (e. g. the limited arp, the stupid clip view) was the reason why I jumped onboard to Oxi Instruments. I want to make a detailed comparison one day. But in a nutshell, the Oxi One feels more like a performance and creativity oriented tool while the Deluge is more like a piano roll in a DAW. The Deluge gives you more freedom to set your notes exactly how you want but it doesn’t help you much in catching inspiration.
But to make one thing clear: In the beginning I chose the Deluge because it felt like all other sequencers on the market where stuck in the 1990s or so. Having this 2-dimensional view on my sequences was a game changer for me.

6 Likes