OVERBRIDGE Won't see DIGITAKT

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Running Mac OS 10.15.3 (19D76)

Hello –

I have been able to update my DIGITAKT to the most recent OS 1.11. I have downloaded and installed the brand new–full release of OVERBRIDGE.

With the DIGITAKT in OVERBRIDGE MODE, neither the AU plugin OR the standalone can see the device. I have also gone into system, security and privacy to and gave it permission to run.

Any ideas on what to try next?

I’ve done the standard restart, of all involved machines. Etc.

Update – When I go into AUDIO/MIDI settings in the DIGITAKT/OB App, if I toggle OB MODE off on the DIGITAKT, the DIGITAKT shows in the list of ACTIVE MIDI INPUTS.

This makes sense.

What should follow is that when I switch the DIGITAKT OB MODE on, the device disappears from ACTIVE MIDI INPUTS and then the stand alone app is then able to see the DIGITAKT.

Everything works as it should except the DIGITAKT does not connect or is not available to connect with OB stand alone app.

is the overbridge engine running? what is the status of the digitakt there, if shown? is the digitakt connected via usb directly or via a hub?

I’ve had the same issue on my iMac for a while. Try using a usb hub, that fixed it for me.

how would I tell if the engine is running? when I launch the app, nothing occurs.

I’ve tried both via a hub–one that has been reliable for some time, and direct.

Thx for the replies.

on windows the engine has to be running, before you can use ob. on mac i am not sure.

edit: what exacly do you mean by the app?

did you read the excellent documentation pdf for overbridge 2.0 and followed all the steps?

1 Like

There is a standalone application called OVERBRIDGE ENGINE that installs on Mac OS in the application folder.

I can confirm the engine is running.

I didn’t read the manual, I glanced through it and read the pertinent discussions about install. I’ve had no issue in the past getting the beta to work several times – on a different machine. (3.3 through 3.3.4, including the stuff about security on Mac OS).

I also finally got the DIGITONE to update the OS and can add to the list that OVERBRIDGE will not see the DIGITONE either. (updating the DIGITONE was a PITA, as TRANSFER won’t connect to it, and CS6 is non functional on this newer machine)

Did you use the included uninstaller? And also reboot before installing the latest OB?

I had a similar issue with my Analog Heat not being recognised, and it took me a while. Turns out it was a driver issue, or more accurately, a MacOS issue. If you’re having the same problem, it can be solved quite easily. Worth checking, anyway:

1 Like

No. I hadn’t done the uninstall, because the OVERBRIDGE I had used was installed on a different machine. This was the first install on this machine. That might not have been clear.

And after your note I did a full uninstall, re-install. It loads—pretty buggy, but it loads.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hello everybody

Same here for me Digitakt is not recognize in overbridge mode, only in usb mode for transfer
the previous version was working but very buggy, so not very usable in song production environment (daw)
it’s quiet embarassing
im on win10
it seems that overbridge is not totally accurate and i understand that making sofware is something different than making hardware :wink:
waiting for update AND BUG FIXESfrom Elektron

1 Like

Same here but W7 only. I’ll have to check on MAC.
For A4 MK1 working perfectly

same with my DT and DN after the most recent update of OB2. Running Windows 10 and Bitwig. Ive tried re-installing and correcting the install. The devices are no longer recognizable as audio interfaces.

Just had the same problem on Win10 and solved it with the following steps (text might be not 100% correct as I have a german Windows installation and am translating from memory):

• open device manager
  • find the device named “Elekron Digitakt” (maybe somewhere at “other devices”)
  • right click and choose “update driver”
  • choose “…automatically”
  • un-plug and re-insert the DT
4 Likes

This worked for me, I had to find the device on device manager with the overbridge mode on under other devices.

Hey all
Sorry if this has been asked and solved already
I cannot seem to access the DIGITAKT app on my Mac
I can transfer samples on TRANSFER even managed to update to 1.4
BUT
I can’t use the DT as a usb sound card because I can’t see the DT app itself and it’s really doing my noggin in in in

Replying to myself is always fun
And the joy of these forums is that sometimes the act of asking for help unlocks something and I managed to sort this out myself
Thanks for existing and being a genuine community of music lovers

1 Like

I just had this issue in my laptop running the latest windows. Digitone & Syntakt show and work with zero issues in overbridge through Ableton but the Digitakt is not showing in the VST plugin overbridge. I’ve closed everything down, turned off Digitakt reopened a new Ableton session and still nothing. Digitakt is running the newest 1.5 os. I’m going to try the device manager as suggested to see if that does it but, if there was an issue wouldn’t it impact the other two machines too? So weird.

Have you updated OB to 2.3.9 ?

I’ll double check but I literally just got the overbridge hub and downloaded about two weeks ago from Elektron so I believe I’m on the latest.