Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

sounds like you need to work on the Max [speedlim] object settings if this freezing relates to your custom interface

2 Likes

Fair point; I’ll give that some elbow grease and report back.

I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

alluded to above (if indeed related) fwiw

2 Likes

For those using the Digitakt plugin in Ableton are you able to hear each of the DT track’s effects (delay+reverb) in Ableton? Everything sounds right on the main Digitakt channel, but when I route each DT track to its own Ableton track I no longer hear their effects.

Also, is the DT really quiet in Ableton for anyone else? Mine is at least 10-15dB quieter than it should be.

the effects on the elektrons are send effect and only on master. the track channels are recorded dry.

2 Likes

I was having some Catalina issues, with the Overbridge Engine not recognising my Analog Heat at all.

Uninstall/Reset/Reinstall/Reset didn’t fix anything (tried that a few times) and I double checked all of the settings on the Heat, so I thought it might be the USB cable. After a bit of head scratching, I figured out that the Overbridge driver had been added to a ‘Disabled Software’ list at some point during the beta, or an OS update or something.

If anybody’s stuck with a similar issue, you can check by clicking on the ‘System Report…’ button in ‘About This Mac’ then going down to ‘Disabled Software’. I had maybe 6 drivers listed, and Elektron Overbridge was one of them.

It took a while figuring out how to take it off the blacklist. Google sent me down a rabbit hole with Terminal commands, but the fix is much simpler. It’s in System Preferences under ‘Security & Privacy’. Navigate to to the ‘General’ tab, click on the lock to make changes and that’s where it is.

Hope this helps somebody out. It’s a great update.

7 Likes

Same here, not just in Ableton but in general.
Even with max gain (+16dB is it?) selected in DT’s USB setup and all tracks cranked up quite high I can barely get it to the level virtually every other sound source operates at on my computer.

I’ve been having trouble getting my A4 Mk1 to work with the latest versions, even with the newly released Overbridge 2.0 full release. Computer is a MBP 16" i9 2019, Mac OS 10.15.4.

When turning it on Overbridge Engine says measuring for 10-15 sec and then reports fault.

I have tried re-installing the drivers, using another cable, connecting through an overhub and directly to the Mac.

Also tried the suggestion here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-12-public-beta-au-plugins-stability-improvements/88798/47

If I do this and hit apply I only get a message saying that the configuration can’t be applied due to bandwidth could not be allocated…even though it’s just 16 bit, 2in/2out.

I also have an AR Mk1 and that one works without a problem.

Any suggestions?

Any chance Overbridge 2 could work with Windows 7? (I know system requirements are Windows 10, but… I think it was working with some betas, wasn’t it?) Has someone tried it, is there some workaround or the only solution is upgrading to Windows 10?

You could contact the following user:

1 Like

Did you uninstall first. (You must)

1 Like

This should be printed loud and clear in every OB doc and thread… How many of this question have we had already?

Yup, and restart before installing again.

I have tested my Digitone with the latest overbridge version and it’s pretty unstable. Studio one started to act weird and crashed (it never does that otherwise). My digitone crashed 1 time and its effects stopped working.

The biggest issue is that I get stuck notes ALL the time that drives me crazy. I thinks its more a bug in the digitone. Its a bug that has been around for some time. Does anyone else have this problem?

@olle Do you guys at Elektron work on resolving this bug?

Can’t get it to work with my Digitakt, Windows 10 and Cubase. Had installed over the old version. Then after reading this thread, I uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled it, rebooted, still can’t find the device. Digitakt is on 1.11 (apparently the latest) I am getting fed up with overbridge. Nothing but issues.

I feel like a pinhead retyping this each time, but…

There was an issue on install where inputs in the OB engine got shut off. If you just enable 1/2 the DT will be seen again. But it hasn’t happened in awhile.
Happened to me twice sometime ago. And it was to my A4.

Maybe check that?

A post was split to a new topic: Inappropriate comment that adds nothing to the discussion. Read the guidelines

At the moment, Main L & R Out is enabled. I can turn on and off one of them and successfully apply the configuration. Any other attempts, like for instance enabling one input, results in failure.

:grimacing:

You have matching engine and OS versions?
Just asking…not implying anything.

Try reinstalling OS on box?

Hey, no worries, happy you’re trying to help!

OS is 1.40A which I think is the right one.

The Mac is completely fresh, got it a few weeks ago. Had the same problem on the one it replaced. OB has never really worked well on the A4. Previous versions had me shutting it on and off due to intermittent digital artefacts, sort of like if it is reduced to 4-bit playback and sometimes with hiccups that sounded like data was stuck in a buffer and then released trying to catch up… :slight_smile: