OVERBRIDGE Won't see DIGITAKT

The new OB version was released yesterday to work with the Digitakt 1.50 update. Older OB won’t work, as you’re seeing.

It was updated today.

OOOOOHHHH SHIT. OKAY!!! thank you all.

No prob, I did the same thing!

I updated the Overbridge and it’s still not working. Transfer isn’t seeing the Digitakt either.

Shit. That sucks. I need to DL the new overbridge and see what’s up. I’ve not had any issues updating Os on the Digitakt or transferring sounds. Sorry you’re dealing with that though.

1. What OS is OB installed on?
  2. If MacOS you’ve granted access to OB through security settings as informed in the installer?
  3. You fully uninstalled first then restarted before installing new OB?
  4. You’re set System USB options to OB mode on your Digitakt?
  5. You’re using latest Digitakt firmware?
  6. You’re avoiding hubs (if possible) and connecting directly to your computer?
2 Likes

Windows 10.

Digitakt 1.50 & Overbridge 2.3.9. Uninstalled old OB before installing new.

USB config set to OB.

Moved USB to another port directly on PC. Tried a different USB cable.

All worked perfectly yesterday. Worked this morning when I used Transfer to put the new OS onto the Digitakt. Since then neither Overbridge or Transfer sees the Digitakt.

Had a little look under Devices on the PC. I’m not very technical but the Digitakt as a device showed up as one of the devices against a USB port. Clicked on that, noticed that when I clicked on “Driver details” it told me “No driver files are required or have been found”. I checked on the Overbridge program folder on the PC and found driver folders including a folder for USB. 3 files within that dated 28/2/2023.

Ok, I had recently fully uninstalled the drivers on a Windows PC in anticipation of installing the new OB. Since that was the case, I observed a similar scenario right now, the Digitakt showed up as a generic USB device.

After installing OB and restarting, the Digitakt was properly detected under Sound devices and was detectable in Transfer.

It sounds like for some reason the drivers from Overbridge weren’t being detected.

I understand you’ve attempted already, but if you can spare another few minutes I’d suggest

• Turning off the Digitakt
  • Uninstalling OB
  • Restarting
  • Installing OB once more
  • One last reboot
  • Power on the Digitakt
1 Like

Unfortunately same as before…but it was worth a try. …

…but I think I may have fixed it…despite all the uninstalls / installs and restarts OB failed to pick up the drivers. I managed to force it to install them and it now works.

For some reason it still won’t do the muli channel recording in the project I was working on a couple of days ago but I loaded up the cubase template I had used for the project and it seems to work in that.

Yes!
Many thanks. Was having bit of trouble then looked here and this solved it for me.

Nice one :+1:

2 Likes