Overbridge questions on Windows with Ableton and another interface

Hey guys I haven’t found any definitive sources of info on this. I’ve read through plenty of other OB setup issues but haven’t seen this mentioned. I have an A4mk1 on the way so I’m planning some things out.

I know it acts as an interface but using Ableton on windows I can’t use two interfaces at once. Anyone experienced this issue and found a workaround?

I only have one other synth (a prophet 6.) If I were to use OB and the A4 as my main interface does it output a separate track for the stereo audio in? I don’t know if it will be quick enough latency wise to use as my primary interface but it would help things a bit in setup.

If you only have one Prophet-6, maybe you can use A4 inputs.

If you configure OB in 16 bits I think you can record inputs separately as well as the 4 tracks and the main out.

Overbridge works alongside your regular interface/soundcard.
So you can have your prophet 6 go into the A4, or your soundcard you can still use both on windows
I think that’s what you are asking?

Maybe its an Ableton issue and not a Windows issue like I thought.

I’ve never been able to run two interfaces at once. If I were to select OB as my interface in Ableton I would lose access to my Steinberg interface.

Might be a setup issue on my end. I just found some users who made it work here Over bridge with Audio Interface

Sorry for the duplicate post! I promise I’ll be back with some content once I start making noise on my A4 :smiley: - I’m excited.

1 Like

I use ableton/windows and overbridge with A4 and AR and still use my normal soundcard for other synths and to output sound

How do you select two interfaces?

Or does it still stream audio even when not selected as the main audio device?

you can’t use two interfaces at once in Windows.
BUT
recording into the Overbridge plug in doesn’t count as an interface in this instance, it still streams audio without you selecting it.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that!

I guess it likely would have just worked for me when I tried it. Heh that’s not a feeling I’m used to, especially with EK.

I’ve had setups in the past where I wanted a second interface for live streaming use and ran into a lot of trouble running two. Glad to hear this works differently.