Overbridge & macOS Big Sur

I know you guys are hard at work and the next update will be awesome, but if you’re going to offer a beta it’s kind of weird to go awol to your customers afterward. I’ve been having a lot of fun and getting a lot better at using my Digitone keys, it sucks not being able to efficiently record it anymore. I know it’s not your fault, it’s apple and truly Overbridge is a miracle software, but it’s become a burden to record my $1000 synth for almost half a year. I replied in this thread earlier on to apply for the beta testing but from what I can tell, you guys have fallen silent to everyone. If you can’t release the update soon please let us use the beta, I’ve tried to be very patient but after you released the update that still doesn’t work for Big Sur, it broke my spirits. I am saying all of this because I deeply love your products and it pains me to not be able to easily integrate them into Ableton.
@David @Elektron

3 Likes

It is not apples fault. They have been cleaning up all their kernel code last few years. Sadly a lot of vendors stepped in late. And now they have unsupported products. Elektron is probably a small company with a variety of old and new products. And most probably they have limited amount of programmers. So you need to make a choice. But it is theirs. OB could have been fixed even when Big Sur came out. But also given the fact that majority is still on Windows. It didn’t get enough attention.

1 Like

Hi!

All applicants have been given access to the Beta category here on Elektronauts. Have fun and please report feedback in a structured and helpful way. Please read the instructions on how to report issues in the threads. No more applications can be treated at his moment.

/David

8 Likes

I didn’t get a reply from you and cannot find the beta category?

I bought a new iMac and am forced to start with Big Sur. I’d love to take a crack at a Beta if there is one.

2 Likes

Hey David!

I know spots have filled up for the beta but if more open I would love to try it out. I’m a music producer and a songwriter and I rely heavily on my digitakt and overbridge and I’ve been hurting without it, sorry ya’ll have to go through all this too.

Thank you!

sachidiserafino@gmail.com

Then you are not in it. Just select amount. I hope final release will come soon.

Beta period already started. Elektron already mentioned all spots are filled.

Alright, I’m waiting since November to get crackin’ with my Digitone. What’s going on here?

A bit strange to start your first message like that … anyway.

Big sur is not compatible with ob yet. Beta’s are out. And hopefully in a few weeks the final will come out

1 Like

It’s also strange to leave customers of a premium product hanging for months on end. It’s strange to not provide everyone with a Beta…is it any wonder my first post is strange? So “in a couple of weeks”…oook.

1 Like

It is unfortunate indeed.

I should be in!
Everyone who owns a friggin’ Electron product should be in, it’s complete BS!
I own an Analog RYTM Mk2, Digitone and Mode;Samples and this is the way they treat their customers.
Why do the elite few get the beta?
I sent a PM when it was first announced which was totally ignored.
As you can tell, I’m a little bit pissed off about this!

It is a beta testing phase… putting all users in means a full release. That is not too difficult to understand I guess… a beta still means possible issues. That remain to be solved. Just take it easy. Overbridge shouldn’t hold you back.

If this beta testing phase is like other Elektron beta tests, it’s to keep the number of bug reports manageable until the beta software is in better condition for wider release. Please don’t take it personally.

3 Likes

Exactly… there is no “elite”. Just a selection. If you release beta to 1000 or so people, then you get way too many finding. Which is not manageable. And also not representable for end product. Hence you want roughly 5% or limited amount of people involved.

Not to say everyone should be in but thats obviously not true. Betas are very often open for everyone to test out.

Well… thats up to the test engineers. And how you want to ensure quality. Also you need to be able to cope with thousands of findings.

Of course you are right. Elektron can choose open or closed beta. Just saying open betas are not uncommon.