Overbridge & macOS Big Sur

Haven’t looked, but it’s even possible that there’s a better framework / platform included in Big Sur for just this kind of job.

On some of the chipsets I’ve coded for, where previously I’ve had to write kernel drivers, later versions of the software platform made it easier to push functionality into user space.

1 Like

One of the Elektron employees posted something like that (can’t remember if this thread or another). Big Sur makes the code for OverBridge simpler, so instead of just making the old version run on Big Sur (if that is even possible), they did a complete rewrite of the low level stuff.

So it is taking time, but it should mean simpler/easier maintenance going forward.

1 Like

@David Hi, please add me to Big Sure beta testing as well :slight_smile: serhiidmytruk@icloud.com. Thank you!

I would like to beta test please!
kriscoady@gmail.com

I joined the ranks of the Digitakt owners today! WOOO! After saving and waiting, I finally picked one up today.

1. It works as an audio interface with my 16" MacBook Pro running Big Sur. Overbridge doesn’t work, but transfer works fine.

2. It works beautifully with my iPad Pro as an audio interface, sending midi-audio to and from the iPad. I can route the output from my Digitakt to the iPad and put it through something like Blackhole Reverb, then it goes back to the Digitakt and out to the speakers. Works as expected and I’m happy with that.

Wish Overbridge worked, but I know it’s a work in progress. Getting in on the Beta for Big Sur would be nice.

1 Like

Can I be added in the Beta Program?
Thank you stefano.franceschetto@gmail.com

would love to be added to the beta program, thanks! asoto@agro.uba.ar

@David I would also be happy to test the beta out. I have both the RYTM and DIGITONE :slight_smile:

domenicocusumano86@gmail.com

I’d be quite thrilled to give the Overbridge 2 Big Sur beta a go! I’m running a 2018 Mac Mini with an eGPU. etherlate@gmail.com

Hi! Wasn’t able to PM you, so I’m just going to reply (I figure I’m a little late but had to try). I would love to beta test the new version of Overbridge! I’m using a Digitone on a 2017 Macbook Pro

hugh.c.smith@gmail.com

Hey David,

I’d like to give it a try on my brand new M1 Macbook Air.
Elektron devices available: Rytm Mk2, A4 Mk2, DN, AH Mk2.

Regards
Julius jpeller@web.de

I would love to try with my 27 inch iMac and Digitakt. I just had the misfortune of the OS updating to Big Sur and I would love to get back into the last 6 months of my projects again.

verbmusics@gmail.com

Well… you can just record it. Takes a tiny bit more time sadly.

Can I be added in the Beta Program?
martinbonds@ameritech.net

Not if you did OB state saving and no audio. Lol. I see the error in my way now. Trust that.

Ready for beta tester.
MacBook Pro, 13-inch, M1, 2020
Big Sur 11.2.1.

Good luck :slight_smile:

please wanna try

vali-keller@hotmail.com
greetings from switzerland

Warm greetings from Germany,
i would like to test the beta,
and thanks for your hard work :slight_smile:

MacBook Pro 16

M1, 2020
Big Sur 11.2.1.

dabokabi@googlemail.com

Is it possible to be on the Beta ?

remi.dugue@gmail.com
Mac mini M1
Big Sur 11.1

@David Not able to DM, but would like to be included in the beta. Thank you!