Overbridge & macOS Big Sur

Agree

You can do a lot with the Digitone even without Overbridge, so get cracking.

1 Like

I actually cracked, but now I need to bounceā€¦

If you open more slots for the beta. cpmba@outlook.com

Rytm MKII
Mac mini M1
Big Sur

1 Like

Can somebody from beta comment on the state of OB? Is it gonna be updated soon or should we get prepared for a longer wait?

2 Likes

Would also love to be a part of the Beta. Big Sur, Digitakt, A4 and Digitone.
nickcdavis@gmail.com

Thanks for your consideration!

Hi,

Nice to have you here. But beta period has started a while ago. At the moment there wonā€™t be any new testers added. So donā€™t expect anything. Else then a full release somewhere in near future.

Hi All,

I have recently purchased both the Digitakt and the Digitone I must say I am utterly in love.
However, unfortunately I updated to Big Sur.
I have made some lovey synth patches but currently I am unable to record the into Ableton as some of you are well aware as you have the same problem.
So my question is how are those who are trialing the Beta version of Overbridge getting on with it? Is it looking promising?

People doing Beta testing are usually under some kind of Non-Disclosure Agreement, at least to an extent.

1 Like

Correct

Hi.

You can just record audio via usb. Overbridge is not required. Make your patterns and record them into your daw. Completely same work process as with OB. Only difference is you need to record channels one by one. Takes a bit more time.

Regarding betaā€¦ there is an NDA hence communication is not allowed.

The first rule of Overbridge Beta Club is: You do not talk about Overbridge Beta Club.

:+1:

1 Like

Arenā€™t we going on close to a year, since BigSur was available for testing? Not that I donā€™t love a good Apple bashing, but at some point, we need to stop blaming Apple for slow development.

4 Likes

Brill I did not know you could do that. I shall have a play this weekend. Thanks!

1 Like

Ha!

Hi All,

I realised I have replied to someone on this thread but throwing this out there for anyone who may know.
I am struggling to figure how to set up my Digitone with Ableton, without Overbridge.

Would really appreciate if anyone has experience with setting this work around up and could shine some light on it for me.

This is what I have set up so far:
Digitone audio outs into my Scarlett audio interface inputs 5/6.
Digitone usb connection into Ableton.
Key step midi out into midi in on the Digitone.
In the settings section of the Digitone I have the usb/midi configured turned on.
Digitone master page I have the left and right panned correctly and the volume on channels up.

Now I think where I am failing is in Ableton.

I have a Midi track open in Ableton with the Digitone selected and audio out going to Digitone with Chanel 1 selected. I am not receiving any signal from the Digitone but seem to have signal from key step but no audio out.

I 100% know itā€™s user error but can anyone make sense of what I have done and guide me to get this all to sync please!
I will be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Elektron-Management,
itĀ“s now March 2021 and there ist still no sign of a functioning version of overbridge for Big Sur.

Honestly, I think, that is a very poor performance, a bad treatment of your customers and all in all unprofessional behaviour. Sorry, but I think you are jeopardising your reputation here.

Best
Alex

4 Likes

It a full, new OS to deal with with a complex app. Not many audio software companies are there yet, either. Be patient

2 Likes

I was checking the Presonus forum to see if Studio one is compatible with M1 and the same unhappiness there. Iā€™m sure all companies are hustling to get their product out to the masses with as few bugs as possible. Itā€™s a no-win for these companies, release early with bugs or wait till itā€™s solid. Either way, people will be up in arms.

Maybe give a holler to Native Instruments. Looks like they figured it out