Overbridge & macOS Big Sur

Hi David,
I have a 16gig ram Mac Mini M1 and would love to help with beta.
marchellner@gmail.com

Im running Overbridge on Big Sur with Tipps from this Thread, but would like to get in to the beta too :wink:
Is anyone here invited after asking for it?

Yes count me in:

Did anyone receive an beta invitation yet?

Hello,
Iā€™d love to test the Overbridge beta version if possible !
Thank you in advance

PS: sorry, I forgot my emailā€¦ If still possible: toinedrd@gmail.com

Hi all,

@David

Adding to the army of beta test volunteers. I just got an M1 Macbook Pro, and own a Digitakt and A4 MkII.

info@distantcomets.com

Thx!

Hi,
I just got a Digitone and was loving the Ableton integration using overbridge, until the update came around. Like others, I canā€™t PM you but I would love to join the beta testers!

mstenflo@gmail.com

I have not been invited yet! I have sent a message to David. But, he has gone very silent.

If you need some more testers, I would really appreciate taking part in testing your new beta version. I finally got the Analog Heat but now Iā€™m really sad about not being able to use it as a plugin :frowning:

I would love to beta test as well!

Yes please!

Hi, Iā€™ve written a PM but I am not sure it went through, I would also love to be able to beta test (ARmk2 + A4mk1 + AHmk2).

and he never answered?

It was never mentioned that the beta testing would start immediatelyā€¦ he gave a (in my eyes very positive) comment that they are working on a solution, which is great news.

1 Like

I donā€™t get it. I have a Mopho x4, and the AU/vst would crash ableton when i launched SoundTowers software for my Mopho after the big sur update. I wrote them an email explaining the situation, and after some details they emailed me saying they would update the software, and they did within 2 weeks. The AU/VST works like a champ. I just wonder why Elektron cannot do this. I understand that they have a sound card involved, but a working AU/VST would be a great start, and would quell the criticism and would tell the Elektron community they care.

2 Likes

Doh!!
Too late =(

Writing a software plugin and writing a driver for your own hardware is like building a wooden sword vs. building a rocket.

2 Likes

Electron arenā€™t a bunch of amateurs. They know full well how many people want this - it seems like people think theyā€™re just sitting around twiddling their thumbs rather than doing some obvious thing that could conclude the matter.

I mean, whatā€™s more likely: that this is a technical nightmare, or that they just donā€™t really care?

3 Likes

Hi @David

I would be very happy to test for you. Iā€™m running Big Sur 11.1 on 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (not M1). Iā€™m also very familiar with formal bug submission processes from a software QA perspective (ie actual vs expected, steps to reproduce etc), so very happy to spend some weekends and evenings focussing on any specific use-cases which would help you guys on your way.

Best wishes
Christo

Also writing a plugin that supports audio will be much more difficult than ā€œjustā€ a MIDI librarian/editorā€¦ especially if Apple decides to change the OS at such a level