Overbridge & Heat

Mine works excellently :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s up with so many system/software conflicts with Overbridge? I donā€™t really understand why it isnā€™t compatible more consistently like other VSTs/soundcards/editors etc? Akai are gonna get destroyed if we see the same amount of issues/non-compatibility with MPC live integrationā€¦

You should google to see how much probs people are having with the MPC touch to find that one out, as I doubt big change wrt software operation between 1.9 & 2.0 will happen. Off topic, I know butā€¦

Overbridge has been a very big challenge to elektron from the start. They jumped into deeper waters than they expected I fear? Problem is twofold, the analog electronics on the analog devices interfering with hispeed USB, and the clusterfvck that is programming things that run deep within computer system USB implementations. However, I remain convinced that overbridge will eventually reach a suitable level of maturity and reliable operation status across most systems. OB is too big a feature to fail on the elektron roadmap.

1 Like

Overbridge is a computer program, and as history dictates is guaranteed to fail on a number of users systems. Not sure there has ever been a computer program released 100% compatible with all its users.
Elektron, much like Access with their game changing Virus TI platform, were always going to have teething problems with earlier releases of OB, but more often than not these problems arise from user error or system conflicts irrelevant to OB, but at the same time interfering with its operation e.g. USB data bottlenecks.
Personally OB has worked flawless for me since day one. Rock solid

1 Like

Which OSX would follks recommend? I am on 10.9.5 and everything but the Heat works flawlessā€¦ afraid to upgrade too farā€¦

2 Likes

I too had massive probs under 10.9.5. Updated to the latest Sierra, reinstalled ob and everything has been working since. Wouldnā€™t recommend upgrading osx lightly though, depends on how much critical 3rd party software you useā€¦

Thank you for replyā€¦ Yes I DJ for work and do not want to upgrade as Serato DJ is very stable nowā€¦

Would 11.1 work with overbridge fo you think?

Whatever you do, make sure you have a backup to roll back to in case things backfire.

11 might be new enough, sorry, not sure

Thanks for the responseā€¦ at this time I have decided to return the Analog Heat as I am afraid to mess up my whole production and DJ rig right nowā€¦ I have however decided to get a used OTrack to perform live with :slight_smile: Excited but very intimidated also!! I know have the Dark Trinity :slight_smile:

I appreciate all of the help!

Have a creative day!

For me on mac os do not work with overbridge . I wait for update !

To get around the Overbridge issue with Heat, which Iā€™m also having, is it possible to record using it as an audio interface with the audio affected by the distortion and filter? I canā€™t seem to do it

hey there, i had to simply attach the output from my analog 4 to it - then record the actual outputs with my motu sound card.

Damn, thatā€™s what I thought. Shame it canā€™t record the affected audio by itself. Feature upgrade request!

In my environment, when using AH with Overbridge,can not save settings as new preset.
I contacted Elektron, they reply ā€œIt is bug and currently being fixedā€.

However, over three months have passed since then, there is no news or update related to Overbridge. To be honest, i think Overbridge is hard to use practicality.There is too much bug and mysterious behaviour

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦so letā€™s get back to the mountainous pile of bugs on the software that IS supported.

The Analog Heat and Overbridge DO NOT work as advertised, I can attest to that happening now in real time, right in front of me, a friend who also owns one is having the same problems and has asked me over for tech support.

My advice to him, myself and anyone who is starting to feel like a company they sank a good chunk of change into has not delivered the product they advertised, and they have been deliberately deceived for the purpose of that companies financial gain, is this:

LEARN FROM THIS! IT IS ALL OF OUR FAULTS THAT IMMORAL MANUFACTURURES THINK THEY CAN SELL US MALFUNCTIONING MERCHANDISE AND GET AWAY WITH IT.
STOP PRE-ORDERING THINGS, MAKE THEM PROVE WHAT THEY SAY IS TRUE BEFORE PARTING WITH YOUR MONEY

The honorable thing to do is make sure other consumers understand this, so they can make informed decisions on where to spend their money. And the truth is that Overbridge has wasted the time and disrupted the lives of anyone who has ever tried to use it. The Analog heat will function as an FX box, that much I can promise the consumer, but there should be NO expectations beyond that.

Remember also that Elektron has people on the payroll whose job it is to try and spin public opinion on sights like this. They do the standard tricks of the trade: Deflection, Gaslighting, ā€œMoving the Goal Postsā€ Name-calling, devaluation, Triangulation (These are all standard manipulation techniques, if you arenā€™t familiar with them, you should be, youā€™ll be seeing some examples shortly) but once you get past all that, all you have are people telling you that you donā€™t deserve to have what you buy work as intended and that not telling you the truth is ok.

Now, sit back,and watch as all of that becomes MY fault,

Have at erā€™ boys! A-Game only please, let your inner sociopath shine!

Have you logged a support ticket specifying your issue in detail so they can replicate it?
(I am not employed by Elektron).

2 Likes

In all honesty, you should let yours shine a little less brightly ā€¦ itā€™s one thing having a hard time and wanting to rant, but itā€™s another to venture towards slanderous statements that support your embittered view ā€¦ try working with support to resolve your issue productively and stop pretending to speak for all consumers

Nobody doubts you are experiencing issues, but turn your energy towards solutions and unfortunately that may involve some patience on your part

Talk of deception and immorality is pretty far fetched

Also, donā€™t try to stir things up on the forum, keep it solution focussed

3 Likes

I dunno man, if youā€™re having problems Iā€™d go here first: https://www.elektron.se/support/

Anything offered here are just suggestions from people trying to help, for free, in their spare time. Otherwise if your gearā€™s not working talk to the retailer you bought it from and return it.

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

Well, recently got an Analog Heat. Really enjoying it. Especially on a drum buss, BUTā€¦

The USB and Overbridge is sketchy as sketch can be. I was of course running OSX 10.10. The manual claims it will run 10.8 forwardā€¦ not so much. Having a USB cable just plugged in would crash my unit. Not even using Overbridge, but just plugged in. So, of course I opened a Support ticket. The answer I get is go to Sierra. Yeah, no bueno. If they are aware (which they are) it doesnā€™t work with 10.10, THEN JUST SAY SO. No worries, just tell people upfront instead of having me waste my precious time screwing with stuff that is known to not work. Maybe itā€™s Appleā€™s fault? Very real possibility. BUT, Elektron is aware of this issue. Change the manual to reflect that or patch the OS to make it work right. Is Elektron aware that people canā€™t go to Sierra if they are using a mac pre 2009?

soā€¦ I went to El Capitan. Everything ā€œseemsā€ to be OK currently. Except now I have to go screw with 10 other things now that have nothing to do with USB, Overbridge or Analog Heat.

All this said, I do really like the Analog Heat and will/would still use it if Overbridge never existed.

1 Like

itā€™s difficult to not upgrade its computer every 3-4 yearsā€¦ itā€™s a fact for many of us and not only musicians. Computer is an important piece of equipment as well as gear. (less pleasant i admit)
Pre 2009 weā€™re in 2017 so technically your computer have 8 years old. If i were you i would think hey itā€™s time to get a new oneā€¦

but itā€™s very important to get fresh computer = less complaint then ā€¦
My thought on that subject.