Overbridge & Heat

haha Been at this a long long long time my friend. Nice blocking for Elektron. The manual states 10.8 forward… full stop. I’ve got zero problem if they said it didn’t work with any OS under 10.12 or whatever, but they didn’t. It’s not a major issue for me in reality cause honestly I don’t need a computer to make music. The computer is actually besides the point. If they never put USB port on it I still would have bought it. Just be upfront about what it will or will not do.

Fantastic unit, but this is the trap a hardware company gets into starting to become a software company. They’re now the Geek Squad.

2 Likes

Some people may find it’s a trap, some not. I wrote what I think and of course, it’s same value as what you wrote. Not more not less.

Hybrid for me is really convenient I can’t have a high end studio at home and elektron give me so much options to work it’s comfortable. And, when I realize my mac was too old and didn’t work properly I renewed. And with the new one it’s perfect and I try ob with 10.10 - 10.11 and 10.12 and all working as expected for me.

I was in contact with support and they suggested to update my OS X 10.10.5 to OS X 10.11 because there was no sound coming through the plugin. Now in OS X 10.11 it works just fine.

1 Like

Hey there, late question - but what computer are you running it on? Is it a macbook pro? If so what year?

Thanks

It´s an old macbookpro retina from 2012. Hope you can get it running, although I have almost no hope, that the upcoming overbridge update will support any other system than high sierra. Good luck.
Andre.

Thanks - I think I will try updating my OS to 10.11 and hope ableton, serato DJ, serum, and ozone all work with it.
Alec

Hey do you happen to have an RNS file for Renoise as a template to use Overbridge for Analog Heat? I can get sound to go through my computer to the Analog Heat, but I can’t get sound to go through Analog Heat to my computer, i.e. Renoise. I’ll even make it worth your while if need be