Overbridge & Heat

been seeing this for more than two month now.
Does anybody have an idea when Elektron would release the OB for AH ?
Dataline were using it on an interview with Sonicstate already a month ago.
Ahhh, can’t wait anymore.

2 Likes

‘December’ apparently. My Heat is basically redundant until OB arrives, and I find the delay rather irritating.

I just rec’d my Analog Heat yesterday.
"For immediate Overbridge experience"

Just like last year’s “imminent” Overbridge update that was announced in November that didn’t show up until January/February, I guess there’s a translation difference in what those words mean. Unless they’re just straight up lying, there is a definite problem with communication between their developers and marketing.

3 Likes

This is disappointing. I too invested in heat and am waiting for this promise to be fulfilled.

to the developers - please talk to us!

1 Like

Manufacturers should release their products at least as updated as their demonstrations. Or don’t release them at all like the Akai MPC 2.0.

2 Likes

+1!!
Totally agree.

Ho, ho, ho!
I’m waiting for Overbridge as much as you guys,
but I’m surprised on your language & what it actually means:
Do you really want to say that Elektron should have not sent you your Heat yet - and you would be more happy now?

And compared to Rytm or A4 the Heat is much easier to already “for now” integrate in a workflow.
We all have a soundcard. 2 in, 2 out, midi, a few knobs assigned… straightforward.

And we have the Heat a month now - and we know that OB actually works.
Very different feelings to waiting with my Rytm next to me back then…

Sorry no +1 from me.

4 Likes

serious man? They’re saying that OB shouldn’t be advertised as working with Heat until there is actually software to support it. As yet, Heat has NO OB FUNCTIONALITY. Yet Elektron use it as a selling point both online and on the packaging, yet, that advertising is false because the software isn’t available to the public…

To my understanding they’re moaning about “half-ready products being released”.
Do you want to say that they should have launched the AH, without mentioning OB at all?
Until OB is ready?!

Speaking about myself I prefer to have my Heat already - and knowing that it will work with OB.
And that the main reason why I don’t have it yet is: they are testing properly!

The first version of OB on my Rytm worked already better than my Virus TI at V5.1 - 8 years later.

So I understand that it’s frustrating to check the elektron website daily. Same here.
But I just don’t agree on the “solutions” suggested…
And you don’t order the packaging the day before you ship a product & adjust it. And then if it goes to a shop & maybe is not sold for 2 weeks… should they get it back & put OB on the package?

And guys - it’s just a stereo effect. The first one I have heard of that will have full DAW integration.
Just integrate it like your other outboard for now, be grateful that you get OB soon & make some music in the meanwhile.

1 Like

Easy defex.
we just want our OB as soon as possible because we know it’s gonna be so good.
off topic but, this looks like a Mid/Side processing. I hope that this would be not only for
filter cut-off thou…

1 Like

What the invisible outboard I don’t own?

I bought AH specifically to process in the box. It’s collecting dust.

Also waiting for OB.

while i think overbridge will be cool with the heat, i mainly bought it to use as a soundcard. like some of you, i was duped because i have read that you need overbridge even just to use the heat as a soundcard. is that true?
i really don’t want to have to go back to my £15 behringer usb “a/d” converter…

other than that, after having it for a week, it is a great device that makes things sound great and i can’t wait to master it

Just purchased the AH to hopefully integrate it in my Overbridge-centered setup. Can’t wait for the update!

Sorry guys,
I didn’t think of the case somebody would buy it as kinda first/only proper soundcard.
So i understand there are cases that are more frustrating than mine…

Still i was mainly surprised about the words used & the logic of “releasing half ready stuff”.
I felt I gotta say something, because I don’t agree with this logic, I prefer to already have the little beast here now.
If you would complain in that way after 3-4 months, I would understand - but we only have it 3-4 weeks now.

And Overbridge technology is kinda rocket science - doubt they hold it back on purpose.
And doubt your comments would be nicer if they released a buggy version… :wink:

Anyway, apologies if i did offend anybody. Wasn’t intended.

And I really really also want OB!
But still I’m more thankful that finally somebody built a stereo filter with midi - and lfo - and env - and saturation - and soon OB!

Peace out!

3 Likes

Eh, we’re all entitled to be a little grumpy about it. I too work entirely in the box with an OB Rytm and Four. I’ve been salivating at the chance to program in Ableton Live with the Heat!

3 Likes

yes, ur stuff is great…

BUT WHY THE HELL DON’T U LEARN FROM UR PREVIOUS MISTAKES AND AGAIN PROMISE OB (soon or very soon or whatever - there was something on the package or a separate card with this information). Don’t know, I’m again pissed after buying new stuff from you (AH).

In my oppinion the following statement would have been appropriate : “Oberbridge support planned” period. It reminds me of a software company i was working for, where our sales made deals based on non-existing (or simply non-finished) features.

And yes, I will shut up, after its finally released :slight_smile:
just wanted to release a little anger :slight_smile:

4 Likes

can’t listen to this because i’m work, but is this a sign that overbridge/heat is here? https://youtu.be/gBJGzWXAIlw

2 Likes

You have much success with A4 and AR running dual OB simultaneously?

I haven’t had many issues since using the fix for macOS Sierra - performance is actually a lot better. I still have a bunch of testing to do though since I just upgraded about a week ago.

I’ve yet to give OB a go. You able to get all of the voices through there? or 5 channels from A4 and maybe 4-6 from AR? Or are you able to get 5 and 8 going?