Overbridge & Heat

Is it possible to send a signal via usb into the AH and receive it by audio (without the signal being automatically sent back via usb)?

Same here.

should be, at least there is such a setting available in the config.

I am afraid it isnā€™t in the settings. But it would be fine if there were such an option :).

All seems to be working well with the Heat, A4, Rytm & OB 1.15 here.

Some oddness upgrading the Heat OS (it displays as Analog Four for some off reason, which is fixed in the new OS), but the plug is responsive.

Iā€™ve run some audio from the Rytm, A4 and Operator/Samplr. Very occasional glitches from Heat (not Rytm/A4) which seems to record also. They appear very random and infrequent (maybe a min apart if at all), and thatā€™s with running Chrome as I type.

Buffer size is 128 - iā€™ll do some experimenting later and see if I get a fine balance going.

I get little digital glitches as well in Ableton, if Iā€™m doing something else while audio is running ( browsing with safari or chrome etcā€¦ )

I just realised that apparently I had misunterstood your posting. Which config do u mean?

1 Like

So my Waveform display is glitchy when I put on the Analog Heat VSTā€¦ Anyone know why? I think itā€™s because iā€™m running Ableton on 32 bit?

from the manual:

So thereā€™s two signalpaths, ob plugin i/o and ob audio interface i/o. Iā€™d imagine that a correct setting for ANALOG IN/OUT could do what you want?

1 Like

OB is completely useless with ableton live. Just put it on my master bus and it freaks out, the bounce isnt a song, its just random glitching noises

1 Like

Overbridge plugins do not support offline (non-real-time) rendering/freezing of the arrangement. It only supports real-time rendering. Examples of DAWs that support real-time rendering well are Cubase and Renoise. Most other DAWs only support offline rendering.

Maybe for you, but not for all.

It would help if you posted your config.

Most of the problem users seem to be Windows so far, but thats just reading threads.

OS/OB vsn/Elektron hardware/Mac or PC hardware, OS & soundcard/USB connectivity & hub all play parts in this. Simon will love you for this.

@Grensta sorry

Works just fine with mine.

OH gotcha, hey thanks for the breakdown, Ill just have to record in ableton internally when I have analog heat on a track to get the desired result of the effect itself, correct?

Sure!

Macbook pro 2011 - SSD terrabyte + 16 gigs ram
OSX - 10.11.6 El Capitan
2.4 GHz intel i5

Ableton Live Suite 9.7.1

Plugging directly into my USB connection into my laptop

Soundcard - UAD Apollo Twin Duo(Thunderboldt) + UAD 2 Satellite(firewire)

I also noticed in regular use (on the master bus)it created all these hellish glitch noises.

Can we run multiple instances of heat at the same time or is it limited to one?

Yep thatā€™s how to do it in Live. Create an audio track, make sure itā€™s source is the Master track, record the audio in realtime to that. Why Live doesnā€™t just have a ā€œrealtime exportā€ option is beyond me, Cubase has had this option since at least 2005.

Only one Heat pluginā€¦unless you have more than one Heat!

1 Like

gotcha, mine is having the WORST latency issues. Also it requires me to unplug and plug back in my USB connection from the device to the unit. Kinda bummed right now :disappointed_relieved:

Is this official?
Would you mind tell me where can i confirm this?

1 Like