Overbridge & Heat

Nope it’s not gonna happen it working BAD for me… i will get the ERM Multiclock or the SND ACME 4… and no more use Overbridge for SYNC… anymore

Computer introduce Jitters. (But i will get that SYNC BOX if i want to working with my Octatrack in Studio, If my Octatrack is a replacement of Ableton Live for my Live setup i will just transfer files on it at the end. But i like to use it inside ableton for the different way of thinking/Working)

ALL THE WAY TO ELEVEN

I got the new OB up and running but my Waveforms & Metering part in the Analog Heat VST is messed up. Anyone know?

Well, I thought everything was going great, I had AH on the master adding a little something.

Then I exported the audio from Ableton. It was a bit of a mess, glitchy.

Stuck it on my drum group and just rendered that. Very odd, not only is the audio a bit glitchy, it’s speeding up and slowing down.

Anybody else tried rendering?

Crackle problem

In A4 and AR they are ocassional, specially if you switch kits while playing.

But in AH is way more persistant.

Anyone same issue?

Thanks

all loaded up in bitwig on windows 10. working great. but yes, rendering anything needs to be done in real time. tried to bounce some tracks in place and ended up with some very strange weirdo noises. but liked those noises and used them in the track… either way, no bouncing works at all unless its recording to another track in real time.

1 Like

:smiley:

Thanks for the reply.

I do hope this get’s sorted - they way I see it, it’s not working as intended.

I’m getting the odd crackle in the project I’m working on.

I expected it was because I was running 1024 or even 2048 buffer size… and OB forces me to run at 512 …and then suggest 256! I’m using a ton of plugins and don’t care about latency, the buffer size it suggest limits my plugin usage going forward.

I’ve only used OB for the evening and I’m almost considering selling the unit.

1 Like

Try routing the master track to an audio track and record it in real time. I don’t think Ableton does real time rendering which is what’s needed when you have outboard gear.

I have limited outboard gear… a SIDStation Ninja! <-- my first Elektron… and a borrowed Cheetah MS6.

Thing is when I’m using either of them via Ableton ‘External Instrument’ Ableton does indeed do real time render.

I’m not using them in the current project - but with AH ‘vst’ used, Ableton treated it as a plugin and did a non-realtime render. You can see the AH doing it’s thing during render… but it all goes wrong.

I’m not fussed about routing the master to another rack atm, (good idea though!) it was just a test. But I’m hoping I/we won’t need to in the future.

Cheers

EDIT: Of course, I could force realtime render by inserting an 'external ‘Instrument’ even if unused. But I then have the problem of real time crackles caused by OB requiring maximum 512 buffer size. (I normally go with 1024 / 2048 on CPU heavy projects)

Yeah, it’s an Ableton thing not an Elektron thing per se. Should render properly in realtime in Cubase (not that that helps). I won’t be able to test until tomorrow though.

I also own Bitwig and Cubase. I’ll give them a try over the weekend.

Cheers.

I installed Overbridge and all the necessary requirements for the AH and had it working properly in Studio One 3. I placed it on a track, tweaked the settings and rendered it with the results coming out like what was mentioned before. Then I decided to render it in real time and it came out cool, but after I turned off the AH plug in on the initial track and loaded another one on the rendered track, the AH wasn’t processing any sounds. The meter was moving in the plug in but no sound was coming out and it said inactive. I tried connecting it manually and still nothing. Oddly when I switched over to the Overbridge control panel the AH was shown as connected. What do you think the issue is.

Blue screen!!! It crashed my system twice so far and messed up everything on it both times. My network connections, my waves plug ins licenses are not in the waves manager control panel and now I’m hearing static type sounds through my chain. Smh. I’m tired I’ll troubleshoot some more tomorrow. Be careful what you ask for…

I can’t upgrade the latest Analog Heat firmware - it keeps failing say checksum error. Anyone knows how to fix it?

With this decision Elektron kill my hole setup!!! Rytm is synced to OB and send in parallel midi clock to octa, sub37, virus …
This is a really really bad decision and I hope they implement a solution to enable that function again.
I already stated here in the forum that OB on WIN10 runs absolutely perfect and I stay on 1.10 until this is solved again, please electron you can´t do such things with us!!!

1 Like

There is no such decision. Please read the release notes more carefully. They say:

“The unit will no longer react to MIDI transport (or MIDI clock) when synced via the Overbridge
plugin. The old behavior was confusing to many users and didn’t work well with certain DAWs.”

This simply means that the machine will not attempt to sync itself from MIDI clock at the same time it’s being synced from Overbridge. It does NOT mean that the machine will no longer send out MIDI clock to other gear. This should still work fine.

3 Likes

Ok fine, I am only react to the statement from William, so as I said at the moment I have no hurry to update. OB is running fine and the update bring no new features to the table.

I would have prefer not to update, but is the only way to bring OB to AH.

OK I’m French and probably misunderstanding the statement from the upgrade text file. I will try if all is working exactly as before. Thanks to clarify @myhrman

1 Like