Overbridge beta and Windows 7

Hello Elektronauts!

Is it in anyway possible to use Overbridge beta on Windows 7?
Whatever i have tried has failed so far and the engine doesnt even recognize-display the digitone…

Also some drivers fail to install when connecting digitone, is this a windows 7 issue?

A little help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Uninstall everything OB related
Make sure the DN is up to date and in OB mode
Disable driver signature enforcement
Plug in DN
Install

Should work

4 Likes

It worked!!
You are a lifesaver, thank you very much!!!

2 Likes

I’ve tried this half a dozen times with latest Overbridge beta and firmware betas for my RYTM mkII and Heat mkI and can’t get drivers for either one to install. I’ve tried permanent and temporary driver sig disabling, nothing. Any other tips? The AR still works with the Transfer program, but in the Device Manager it shows unable to find driver (or along those lines). Thanks.

8 Likes

Yes! This worked, thank you!

4 Likes

Great, glad you got past that little hurdle.

1 Like

This thread helped me getting overbridge working on Windows 7 64bit.

I turned the Digitakt/Digitone on and set both to overbridge mode before installing overbridge.

I have both connected to Elektron Overhub, so I don’t think it matters if they are connected to a usb hub or not, as long as they are in overbridge mode and powered on before installing the software.

Afterwards they both showed up connected in the engine and the stand alone/plugin for Digitakt both work flawlessly for me. Can’t wait until the Digitone is ready to use this way as well.

I had some sound cutting out issues at first, but after setting the sample/buffer rate to 128 for overbridge and my daw that went away. I think if the plugin and Daw are at different buffer rates that causes the issue, at least it did for me.

It’s amazing to free up I/O on my audio interface, I can plugin more gear now and not use my patchbay as often. :grin:

4 Likes

Confirmed! This method works. Havent checked out what happens when i switch USB-Ports but once Drivers are installed in the order mentioned from @synththeory i can easily connect / disconnect / connect again - and the Digitakt is always recognized again.

Thanks for the heads up! :thup:

3 Likes

Since i’ve updated the driver to 2.0.15 a while back Digitone stopped working. the standalone app and the VST plugin crash on startup.

I’ve bought Digitakt also this past week, and it seems to be working great. all works as expected. both drivers are installed correctly and functioning.

Digitone as an ASIO soundcard and midi over USB all works as expected. shown in the control panel correctly including level signal…

Anyone is also encountering this ?
I know win7 isn’t supported… but if anyone has anything to share…

latest beta might be end of the road for overbridge on Windows 7, could not stop Anslog Keys from crashing on last beta. Planning to do the painful process of migrating to 10 as soon as current projects finished up…

Anyone knows if this was working on latest betas? And any chance Overbridge 2 could work with Windows 7?

I have digitakt set up on overbridge latest 2.0 beta running Cubase 5 on Windows 7 and everything is running good

1 Like

Thanks!

to all the hangers on, there’s a version of Windows 10 without all the bloat that’s designed for medical devices, ATMs etc. It’s called LTSC and only gets updates once a year. still has the messy mixed UI of 10 but runs super snappy and reliable. I resisted the upgrade for years but am happy with this one.

1 Like